Friday, January 14, 2022

Preparing for Snow

With the forecast calling for "plowable snow," my husband in particular has begun his snow preparations.

I went to the grocery store Wednesday, fueled up my car, and made a meatloaf yesterday. That's about the extent of my preparations, except for keeping the laundry completely caught up in case the power goes out.

However, husband has to fuel up the tractors, make sure the plow is on one of the tractors, double check the generators, fuel up his truck, and make sure he has plenty of chewing tobacco on hand. He also decided to go the landfill today.

We do not have a whole house generator. I wish we did, but we do have a portable one that will run the freezer, the fridge, the well pump, and a space heater. We have a grill we can put outside of the garage and cook on, if it comes to that.

So long as the lights stay on, we'll be fine. Even if they don't, we'll be fine.

Maybe if everyone has to stay home for a few days because of snow, the covid germs will give it a rest and the hospitals can catch up.


3 comments:

  1. It will be pretty (scenic) out your way, and pretty cold, too.
    I can just imagine Coffee and bacon on the grill,and the gentle purr of the generator. Brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My biggest concern would be heating, but it seems like you got that covered with the generator and the space heater. Stay warm and hopefully it won't be much plowable snow that you get!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your husband has a lot of work ahead of him!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.