Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Happy I Have Morals

Last night, my husband and I caught the first part of a new Discovery series called "Undercover Billionaire."

I think this was the second episode. I missed the first one.

The premise is that Billionaire Man will go into some city and in 90 days create a $1 million company. This is to prove, I think, that people who are poor are poor because they aren't smart or can't figure out how to beat the system or something. It's obviously slanted in that direction.

It's propaganda.

To my absolute horror and dismay, in the first minutes of the episode last night, Mr. Billionaire went onto private property (some vacant industry), then drove around back and waded through a pile of tires until he found several good ones. He then STOLE those tires and sold them for $1500 to get his "seed" money for his business. (Actually it was to get him a room because he'd been sleeping in his truck.) I don't know what happened after that because I turned the TV off.

The moral here I guess is that if you're willing to (a) trespass and (b) steal, then you can move forward in life. (Can you see my eyes rolling?)

He is nothing but a crook. If he thinks this is ok, then I doubt he's a billionaire because he did something legal to earn his millions.

This morning I am happy that I am not a crook. I am happy that I know right from wrong, and that I do not believe that just because your bicycle is out next to your house, I have the right to take it. Basically that is what Mr. Billionaire did. Even if the property had been reposed by the city, that land and its contents belongs to the taxpayers and the stuff wasn't Mr. Billionaire's to take.

So I am content to be mediocre and not of great wealth, because at least I have my principles.

I am happy that I have good morals.

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world. Check out the gal that initiated this here.

3 comments:

  1. I seen a commercial for this show and wondered if I would like to watch it. Doesn't sound like it.I was just telling my daughter that I read Jack and The Beanstalk to my grand doll the other day and really thought about the story. Jack steals from the giant, kills him, and lives a good life. We wonder why society is so bad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way of the world( eyes rolling) it is nothing anymore to cheat, steal or even lie to anyone. There are fortunately still some good people in the world who have integrity and kindness and compassion.
    The quality of TV anymore ... I don’t even watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since he was willing to steal the tire, I wouldn't be surprised if he stole and cheated to make his billions. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.