Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Happiness - Day 13

Today I am happy because I finally have a short way of saying what I tend to be long winded about - what it is I want from government.

I heard this from Heather Cox Richardson during one of her Facebook talks today.

Here are the four things:

1) Regulate businesses

2) Provide a basic social safety net

3) Promote infrastructure

4) Protect civil rights

And that's it. Everything else, even the military, falls under those four categories (you can't provide a basic social safety net if no one's safe because we don't have a military, right?). 

Now I am going to memorize these four key items so I can spout them out next time someone asks me what I think government should be doing, or why I am in favor of a strong government.



4 comments:

  1. That seems to cover most of it. Where did you find the girl reading the book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I created it with Microsoft's CoPilot. I asked it to make me a cartoon of an older woman reading a book and that's one of the 4 it created.

      Delete
  2. I really like Heather Cox Richardson. I'm going to borrow this from you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.