Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Happiness - Day 14

 

My fingertips are blackened with ink! 

This makes me very happy.

I have been going through old newspapers, looking at articles I wrote 30 years ago. I doubt I saved every word that was printed, but I saved a lot.

I also saved letters to the editor that spoke highly of my work. There aren't many - people aren't free and easy with compliments - but it was nice to know that for a little bit, I made a difference.

And my goodness, I wrote about everything from the school board to new businesses to zoning to history. I even wrote columns.

I found a picture my nephew drew when he was 7 years old amongst the newspapers. It was featured on the back of an advertisement insert. I didn't remember it, but he had signed his name.

The review is for a personal project I'm contemplating, as well as another with one of the local historic societies that I've sort of agreed to help with when I can. Double duty.

The ink makes me happy. Better times.

______________________

Happy August Happiness Challenge!
 
Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

2 comments:

  1. What a nice way to spend a day! I'm glad you have all your memories to look back on and get dirty hands with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you get pleasure from your hard work, and that you're able to appreciate the praise you earned.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.