Friday, August 02, 2024

August Happiness Day 2

This morning, I decided I needed to get out of the house. I took the recycling to the local dumpster where such things go, then drove to Daleville to CVS.

I didn't need anything at CVS except for sugar free gum. However, it is "tax free holiday" for school supplies, so I wandered over to check out the notebooks and such.

The yearning in me for school supplies grows wild at this time of year. I didn't need anything but bought a little planner just because it made me happy to have it.

Then I ran into a woman who called me by name and chatted with me about a variety of things. She asked if we still had cattle; I said we did, although we were concerned about the drought and the pasture and whether we'd have enough hay to get through the winter. She asked me if I was still writing. "Not much, just a little," I murmured, wondering if blog writing counts.

Then she told me she waved at my driveway every time she drove by. "How nice to have someone think of me!" I said. "Thank you."

I asked nothing of her because I had no idea who she was. I still have no idea who she was. Unfortunately, this is not unusual for me. I run into people frequently and have no clue who they are. Hopefully sometime in the next few weeks I will awaken with her name on my mind. 

It was a nice conversation, though.



Happy August Happiness Challenge!
 
Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

3 comments:

  1. This is a fun incident. It happens to me often, usually involving former students from 20 years ago that don't look like they did when they were sophomores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I don't keep a journal or a planner myself, but I enjoy introducing customers to my favorites at the card shop. (One is lilac leather with a beige closure tab.) Like you, getting out of the house made me happy today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a total junkie when it comes to notebooks, journals, pens, pencils and the rest. I have quite a stockpile, but still buy more from time to time. There's just something about the smell and the feel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.