Thursday, August 01, 2024

Thursday Thirteen


I'm tossing out a happy Thursday Thirteen today as I team up with The Gal Herself and her August Happiness Challenge. "Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world."

Yesterday when I was listening to a talk on Facebook, the speaker noted that authoritarianism cannot last in the face of joyful, happy people. So, let's all get out there and find our joy!

Since it's also Thursday and hence time for Thursday 13, what better thing to do than run up a list of 13 things that make me happy? These are not in any particular order.

1. A hug from my husband.

2. A call from my brother.

3. A call from a friend.

4. Reading through old articles I wrote and seeing (a) how much I wrote and (b) how good it was.

5. Eating chocolate.

6. Playing music on my guitar.

7. Singing songs to Alexa.

8. Hearing from an old friend.

9. A talk with my father.

10. Writing in my blog or working on a project.

11. Watching a good TV show.

12. Found money (the kind you didn't know you had, like a $20 in a coat pocket or something)

13. Reading a good book.

And here's my Happiness Challenge icon for this year:


______________

Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while, and this is my 868th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

6 comments:

  1. Love your Happiness Anita Icon! It will be nie to spend the month with her. I think #4 is my favorite. How satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did my comment go through? Apologies if this is a duplicate. Your happiness icon is charming and I shall enjoy spending the month with her. #4 sounds like a satisfying way to relive a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just reading this made me feel happier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! And your icon is fun! What did you use to create it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.