Friday, August 11, 2023

Happiness Challenge - Day 11

 


Today I am happy that the grocery stores are stocked. I remember during the pandemic when the sight of shelves instead of products scared me, along with everyone else. So, I am happy today for a full grocery store, even if some things I used to purchase seem no longer to be available (at least not around here).

I am also happy that I had a long chat with my friend today. We hadn't talked for a day or so and I missed her. It is amazing how much a conversation with a similar soul can lift the spirits. So, thank goodness for friends!

I am also happy that I ate a little pizza, and it didn't upset my stomach. I don't think it's something I can eat often, but it's nice to see that perhaps a piece every now and then won't do me in.


***

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

This meme comes from The Gal Herself.

2 comments:

  1. Covid had changed my attitude toward grocery shopping, too. I enjoy/appreciate it now more than I did before, and always pick up an individual mega-roll of toilet paper if they're in stock. I'm kind of a hygienic Scarlett O'Hara" As God is my witness, I'll never worry about toilet paper again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good post--I love all of it and it's great you got to have some pizza without much distress.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.