Sunday, October 09, 2022

Sunday Stealing


1. What period of history is your favorite to read about?

A. I like to read about all eras. This year I've read about the Roman Empire, World War I, World War II, the 1930s, and 1940s.

2. What is your favorite genre of fiction?

A. Fantasy, but I read a lot of different types of books.

3. Do you choose a book by its cover?

A. Sometimes. Usually, I read the blurbs on the back and whatever information is available in the front, and maybe the first page, before a purchase. If it's from the library, I may not go by anything other than the name of the author or the title.

4. Where do you do most of your reading?

A. I have a recliner in the living room.

5. Without looking, guess how many books are in your TBR pile. Now, look. Were you right?

A. Most of my TBR books are in my Kindle now, and I'm going to guess there are over 100 in there.

6. How many movies are on your TBW list?

A. Two, I think. Elvis and The Secrets of Dumbledor.

7. What's your favorite genre of movie?

A. My favorite movies are the Lord of the Rings movies, but fantasy movies are not necessarily my favorite genre as they can be violent and misogynistic. So whatever genre movies like Steel Magnolias and Under the Tuscan Sun are classified as would be my favorite.

8. Do you still go to see movies in the theater?

A. I haven't been to the theater since Wonder Woman was released in 2017.

9. You have $10,000 and no strings or obligations for one full day. Where do you go and what do you do?

A. I would go to a computer store and purchase a really nice computer. Maybe a good Apple even though everything I've ever used is Windows based.

10. How many songs are on your favorite playlist?

A. I don't know. Alexa won't tell me, and I don't have the Amazon Music app downloaded to look. It will play for over 4 hours without repeating, so figure 4 minutes a song . . . that's 15 an hour . . . so at least 60, but I imagine it's more than that.

11. What method do you use to listen to music (Spotify, iTunes, Pandora...)?

A. I listen to Amazon Music on my Echo Dot. Otherwise, I listen to CDs. (Yes, I still listen to CDs.)

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I had wanted to see Under the Tuscan Sun and forgot all about it. Thanks for the reminder. I enjoyed the Potter movies but I've yet to see them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good CD and still listen to them. A book cover always catches my eye, even though my Kindle is my primary source of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that you mention it, I need to buy a good OLD computer with a disc drive to burn CDs and upload my JEOPARDY appearances on a website. .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you believe I've never seen Steel Magnolias? Under the Tuscan Sun is one of my favorites, however. My musical listening is about the same as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Steel Magnolias! <3 It was one of the three last movies I ever saw with my Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I listen to CDs too. I have hundreds of them that Mrs PM will never make me get rid of. SOme are rare and not on Spotify.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.