Saturday, October 08, 2022

Saturday 9: Love Sneakin' Up on You


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The song begins with Bonnie Raitt waiting anxiously for a call. If your phone were to ring right now, who would you expect to be on the other end?

A. My husband.

2) She likens trying to avoid love to trying to stop the rain. Is rain expected where you are this weekend?

A. No, but we are expecting our first frost.
 
3) Bonnie was accepted by Radcliffe College but once she got there, she decided higher education wasn't for her and she dropped out to become a performer. Tell us about something you're not sorry you walked away from.

A. I walked away from working for lawyers and I've always been glad of that.

4) Bonnie's father was Broadway star John Raitt. Because of his career, the family was based on the East Coast. Once Bonnie got out to the West Coast, she realized she felt more at home and settled in the San Francisco area. Today, do you live far from where you grew up?

A. I live about six miles from where I grew up.

5) Prince invited Bonnie to his home, Paisley Park, to discuss working together. The project never happened, but she treasures the memory of her time with a musician she greatly admired. What's your favorite Prince song?

A. The one about the hat. Raspberry Beret.

6) When she's on the road, Bonnie likes to order Thai food. What's for dinner tonight at your house?

A. Probably a slice of ham, baked beans, and cooked apples.

7) In 1994, when this song was popular, ER debuted and became a big hit for NBC. Do you enjoy doctor shows?

A. I generally do not. The last "doctor" type show I watched was Emergency! in the 1970s.

8) Also in 1994, Olympic figure skating hopeful Nancy Kerrigan was the victim of an attack. Her rival was rumored to be involved. Without looking it up, do you remember the name of that rival?

A. Tonya Harding. I did not have to look it up. I did look her up though, to see what she's been doing. Apparently in 2019 she was on Worst Cooks in America and won that competition. I guess she's still the girl America loves to hate.
 
9) Random question -- Which of these famous Tom would you rather be seated beside at dinner: Tom Cruise, Tom Jones, or Tom Brady?

A. Tom Jones. He was a good singer in his time and I'm pretty sure I saw him in concert a long time ago. Maybe we could perform together. Tom Cruise is crazy, and Tom Brady is a sports player, so I would skip those two and go for the musician.

_______________
I encourage you to visit the posts of other participants in Saturday 9 and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.  


5 comments:

  1. Sliced ham and baked beans sounds good to me! My hubby can't eat pork. I do liked cooked apples. I make a stove top apple betty that we both like. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dinner sounds simple but fabulous! I like thinking of you and Tom Jones jamming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom Jones yesssss... but I thought Tom Brady also.... I'd like to sing along with Tom Jones.
    And I blame a rabid media for what happened to Tanya Harding. Maybe the IOC owes her an apology but she'll never get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #2 On the Cape the first frost is in November because of all the warm water while back in Connecticut the nights are very cold in the upper 30s.
    #4 Ah... another homebody like me.
    #7 We made the radio for Emergency (It was a fake)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet Tom Jones has some wild stories!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.