Friday, October 07, 2022

Nice Doesn't Pay

I am, generally speaking, a nice person.

In my doctor's notes, her interns (who see me first) almost all start out their notes with, "a pleasant woman who comes in today about . . . . "

Nice. Pleasant.

Not mean, not ornery.

Maybe a bit contrary sometimes.

But nice kills me. Nice brings me nothing but heartache and confusion. Try to be nice and see if you don't get crapped on, because when I am nice, I get crapped on.

It doesn't make a difference what kind of nice I am, or who I am being nice to.

I am crapped on.

Like I'm some kind of catch-all beneath the bird feeder, maybe. 

Oh, that's nice. A good place to take a poop. 

Plop.


3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. I prefer to be nice, too. Sometimes you just have to stay away from people who take advantage. That is, if you can. I know, sometimes you get stuck and can't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great visual but a such a sad sentiment. I hope something happens to invigorate your outlook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My normal is being nice, polite, and respectful. Poop, poop, poop. People have no shame. Depending on the circumstances, I may tell them how I feel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.