Sunday, June 19, 2022

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. If you could live in a house shaped like anything what would it be?

A. I would like the exterior to look like a hobbit house. Rather like this:


The interior, of course, would have to be human-sized, and the roof could be green solar panels instead of grass. I'd like to have a music room and a library in the house, too, while I'm dreaming.

2. What do you think is in outer space?

A. More planets and suns, more solar systems, galaxies, asteroids, comets, dust and debris. Maybe life, perhaps not recognizable as life to us.

3. Where is the most wonderful place you’ve ever been?

A. The campus of Hollins University, where I went to college. There was something about being on campus that made me feel better all over. It was a terrific atmosphere, incredibly supportive, and simply an overall good experience.

4. If you were invisible for a day, what would you do?

A. I would do something that I felt was for the betterment of humanity that I otherwise could not do. I'm not exactly sure what that is at the moment, but that would be my lofty goal.

5. What is the worst smell in the world?

A. I'll go with either rotting corpse or vomit.

6. If you could, what animal would you be?

A. I would be a deer. Deer is my spirit animal.

7. What is the greatest thing ever invented?

A. The wheel. Without it, there wouldn't have been carts and wheelbarrows allowing human to evolve from a hunter-gather society to an agrarian one and then on into the industrial age. It really is the unbroken circle of civilization.

8. What is your favorite word? Why?

A. Serendipty. It sounds cool and I love the meaning of it. (the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way)

9. Who is someone in history that you’d like to be friends with? Why?

A. Mary Johnston (1870-1936) and Ellen Glasgow (1873-1945) both were Virginia writers who were also active in the suffrage movement (and they were friends). I would have liked to have been part of that movement, and friends with these two fabulous and yet now under-rated writers.

10. If your pet could talk, what would it say?

A. I don't have a pet. The cows would probably say, "Why do you take my children from me?" because we haul their calves off to the market. Or maybe they'd say, "Give me better quality hay," or "Why can't we swim in the pond anymore?" (We fenced off the pond to keep the cow poo from Tinker Creek, it was a conservation effort.)

11. Were there dinosaurs on Noah’s ark?

A. I don't believe Noah's ark existed, it's a biblical fairy tale. But if it were true, the answer would be no, as dinosaurs were extinct by the time human beings came along, unless one wants to count reptiles and birds as small dinosaurs.

12. What makes you cry?

A. Other human beings.

13. Have you ever played a joke on someone? What was it?

A. A very long time ago, when I was a young teenager, a friend and I picked up some sticky tar from a parking lot and molded it into long thin lines. It looked like licorice, and we offered some up to another friend. We stopped him before he ate it, but his girlfriend jumped down our throats. We defended ourselves by noting we didn't let him eat it. I suppose it wasn't a good joke, but it seemed funny at the time.

14. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever had to do?

A. Wait while my husband was in surgery in the hospital.

15. What is the most important appliance in your house?

A. The hot water heater. It is necessary for the washing machine, the dishwasher, and a hot shower.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

6 comments:

  1. #3 -- This makes me wish I'd gone to college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...having done my tour of duty as a mom and now doing a second tour as grandma, I'm going to vote rotting corpse is worse than vomit. If it were the other way around I wouldn't survive. lol I thought about the wheel, but ended up going with the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does it mean when you haul them off to market?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They go to an auction house to be bought and fattened up to eventually be turned into hamburger.

      Delete
  4. You wrote some great answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Serendipty. That IS a lovely word.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.