Monday, June 20, 2022

Doomed to Destruction

The photos below are of the current Botetourt County Courthouse. This structure was rebuilt in 1975 after a fire in 1970 gutted the building. The destroyed structure had been constructed in 1848, allegedly from plans provided by Thomas Jefferson.

The current courthouse is scheduled to be demolished next year. The structure has mold and due to poor upkeep by the county, it is literally falling down around the employees inside. It is also not secure given today's political climate, and it not accessible to the disabled.

So this building will in a few years be replaced by another with a similar exterior but a much larger footprint.




 

2 comments:

  1. I know I'm concentrating on this wrong thing, but I've got to ask: are there four clocks? If so, do they each have a different time? I'm fascinated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are four clocks. They all tell a different time. I think maybe only the front one actually works now, but I'm not positive. They're all right twice a day. :-)

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.