Sunday, April 25, 2021

Sunday Stealing


1. What issues are important to you?

A. Climate change, child abuse, mental health, gun control, job security, social safety net, healthcare, elder care, women's issues, etc.

2. Which breakfast foods are your favorite?

A. Eggs, bacon, grits, biscuits and gravy.

3. How often do you change your hair style?

A. Seldom.

4. What are your most peculiar talent or interests?

A. I am a nerd. I like fantasy, I like comic book superheroes, I like role playing video games. None of that is particularly peculiar except that I am female and thus considered the domain of men, for some reason.

5. Name something you’re a natural at.

A. I can generally play at least Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on any instrument I pick up.

6. Name a few women who inspire you.

A. The Gal, Bev, Kwizgiver, Zippi & my other blogging friends, Hillary Clinton, my mother-in-law, my next-door neighbor, Ann Compton, Nora Roberts, Kamala Harris, and my friends B., T., and L.
 
7. How often do you take a break from everything?

A. Recently I have taken a break for two days because the Moderna 2nd shot whupped my little butt all the way to the bed.

8. What are your go-to dancing songs?

A. Uptown Funk and anything disco.

9. What are your favorite carryout and takeaway foods to order?

A. I like a junior cheeseburger from Wendy's occasionally, although I haven't had one since last November.

10. Name some people you like to spend time with.

A. My husband, my brother, my friends, other writers, my father if he is in a good mood.

11. List some hobbies you started within the last year.

A. I haven't started any new hobbies.

12. What scents, sounds, and sights of Spring do you like?

A. I like the flowering trees and it always amazes me to watch the grass go from brown to green literally overnight when the weather warms.

13. Name some cultural aspects you cherish and enjoy.

A. Cultural aspects of what? Since I live in the southern USA, I'll for that. I like southern food - fried chicken, mashed 'taters, cornbread. Yum. I like southern music, too. Anybody remember the band Alabama?



14. Name the TV shows and films you liked this month.

A. The Mare of Eastown on HBO looks like it will be good. Supergirl returned for her last season.

15. What do people usually come to you for help with?

A. Writing advice, and sometimes life advice. Folks who remember me from when I wrote for the newspaper frequently ask me to explain the local government to them.

_______________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

6 comments:

  1. I definitely remember Alabama, great music, and I still
    listen to it.
    Yes on the breakfast food. I haven't had grits since I
    lived in the south.
    I love hamburgers and French fries for carryout.
    I didn't have any problem with my 2nd vaccine shot,
    only had a sore arm for a while. So sorry you had to
    take to the bed.
    Have a nice Sunday!

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to see Mare of Eastown, but I don't subscribe to HBO. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your answer to #6. And I am also a nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #6 - awww
    #11 - how about pen pal-ing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, shucks, CountryDew.. thanks... I feel the same about you. Like a sister I haven't seen face to face.
    and Yes... I remember Alabama, in fact was just listening to them a couple of days ago. They have a big song list.
    Now I am off to play twinkle,twinkle little star on the Ukulele. ;o) Too crunched to play the guitars anymore.



    ReplyDelete
  6. Gun control is a big thing in America. I'm pleased it is not a big issue over here.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.