Thursday, March 11, 2021

Thursday Thirteen

Here are good lines from songs -

1. All lies and jest, still, a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest. - Simon and Garfunkel, The Boxer

2. Fathers be good to your daughters, daughters will love like you do. Girls become lovers, who turn into mothers, so mothers be good to your daughters, too. - John Mayer, Daughters

3. Fear is the lock and laughter the key to your heart. - Crosby, Stills, and Nash, Suite: Judy Blue Eyes

4. Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose. Nothing ain't nothing, but it's free. - Kris Kristofferson; Janis Joplin, Me And Bobby McGee

5. If we weren't all crazy we would go insane. - Jimmy Buffett, Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes

6. If you believe in forever, then life is just a one night stand. If there's a rock and roll heaven, well, you know they got a hell of a band. - The Righteous Brothers, Rock And Roll Heaven

7. It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no Senator's son, son. It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one. - Creedence Clearwater Revival, Fortunate Son

8. Love is a battlefield. - Pat Benatar, Love Is A Battlefield

9. Same old song, just a drop of water in an endless sea. All we do, crumbles to the ground though we refuse to see, dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind. - Kansas, Dust In The Wind

10. So often in time it happens, we all live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. - The Eagles, Already Gone

11. The bubble headed bleach blonde comes on at five, she can tell you about the plane crash with a gleam in her eye. It's interesting when people die, gives us dirty laundry. - Don Henley, Dirty Laundry

12. The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls. - Simon and Garfunkel, The Sound Of Silence

13. Time can bring you down, time can bend your knees. - Eric Clapton, Tears In Heaven

Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 698th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

7 comments:

  1. Strange, I read those but my mind heard the music..................

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent lines from excellent songs. Well crafted lyrics are to be appreciated as much as a well written novel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I hear The Sound of Silence, I go back to sitting on the beach around 1968. I was with a group of University student on a field trip. We stopped at the beach for lunch before going on a tour the University. I end up getting Simon and Garfunkel Album. So many good songs. I love music! I told my grandson to make sure their is music playing when I am dying. I had it playing for my dad. It is the last sense we lose. Music is powerful along with meaningful words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always hate it when some blogger gets one of these GREAT oldie earworms stuck in my head forever, and now YOU come along with a baker's dozen of them Thanks a bunch.

    FWIW: Dust In The Wind perfectly encapsulates The Buddha's lessons. I'm always glad to have THAT ONE echoing around inside my meager skull.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kind of poetry, the kind I grew up with. Simon and Garfunkel wrote some masterpieces and I followed Simon long after they broke up. Love John Mayer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. #4 I like singing that song whenever we drive by the exit to Freedom, heading north on Hwy 1 to Santa Cruz. And, yeah, when we're in Freedom.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.