Friday, January 15, 2021

Unnamed Song

 


This is a song I wrote. I've been working on the guitar part for a bit; the words came this past week after January 6.

I am not happy with it, but I thought it might be interesting to somebody to see the work in progress. I suspect I will have to put it aside awhile and rethink it, when I am not so stressed. I do not consider this to be finished, or even good.

Here are the words because my singing is not the best in this recording. The chords for the words are on top; the guitar part is much more complicated than two chords, that is just to keep me on track. "Guitar Bridge" means that little bit of guitar part I play in between the verses.

Unnamed Song - by Anita Firebaugh

Am
You tell me that you need war
D
I don't know what you want it for.
Am
You tell me that you see red
D
All I see are thousands dead.
Guitar Bridge
Am
You crossed a line that you can't see
D
You're taking away my right to breathe
Am
You believe you have the might
D
I know that it don't make right.
Guitar Bridge
Am
We all know there's a great divide
D
How many tears must the victims cry?
Am
You have all the things you need
D
And now you're stealing liberty
Guitar Bridge
Am                  G
And there are no words . . .  (repeat)
Am
To stop this now

3 comments:

  1. I am always up for an anti war song.Very nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza. Reminds me of Vietnam-era folk songs. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.