Saturday, January 16, 2021

Saturday 9: Thank U, Next

Saturday 9: Thank U, Next (2018)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Ariana Grande thanks her former boyfriends for what they taught her about love, life, patience and pain. Do you believe you have learned more from your successes, or your mistakes?

A. Probably my successes. I'm one of those people who doesn't do things I don't do well. That's not a good thing, by the way. It is limiting. However, I cannot handle stress and when I don't do something well, it stresses me. So I try something. It seems ok. The result is promising. Then I see if I can make it better, because the bottom wasn't bad. (This is why I don't knit. I tried it. I made a couple of scarves. Even I could see that I am not good at that sort of thing.)
 
2) One of the young men mentioned in the song is Pete Davidson, a cast member of Saturday Night Live. SNL has been on for more than 45 years now. Who is your all-time favorite cast member?

A. I seldom watched Saturday Night Live. Wasn't there a Mr. Bill on there? I'll go with Mr. Bill. Alec Baldwin did a great #45 in the past four years in the clips I watched on youtube, but I don't think he is a cast member.
 
3) Thinking of funny people . . . As you can see from the video, Ariana performed "Thank U, Next" on Ellen DeGeneres' talk show. Ellen makes people laugh every afternoon. Who in your life can you always count on to make you laugh or smile?

A. My husband can usually coax a smile out of me.
 
4) It looks like Ariana Grande's personal romantic saga will have a happy ending because at Christmastime, she announced her engagement. Do you know anyone who is getting married in 2021?

A. I know two people who are getting married but I don't know the dates of their weddings. So I am not sure. I just know "she said yes."

5) Ariana loves Harry Potter and named her dogs Snape, Lily and Sirius Black after characters in the J.K. Rowling books. Are you a Harry Potter fan?

A. Yes. I have read all of the books. I liked the movies, too.

6) She loves board games, especially Monopoly. Sam isn't crazy about Monopoly because it takes so long. How about you? Are you a Monopoly fan?

A. I haven't played Monopoly in a long time. It is okay.
 
7) In 2018, the year this song was released, Toys R Us closed all its stores and went out of business. Who received the last toy you purchased? What was it?

A. My great-niece received a purple cow for Christmas.

8) Also in 2018, Aretha Franklin died. What's your favorite Aretha song?

A. R E S P E C T

9) Random question: Are you more likely to shed a tear at a wedding or during a movie?

A. I cry over the ending of The Lord of the Rings trilogy every time I see it (which is at least 20+ times), but I have been to weddings and not cried. So I guess I am more likely to cry during a movie.

______________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

9 comments:

  1. So far it looks like Sat 9ers are big "Respect" fans.

    Sometimes a kid needs a purple cow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing at your choice of Mr. Bill, the horribly unlucky Play-Dough man! I don't do knitting, either. I am horrible at it and it frustrates me to no end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am VERY much like you....I just don't do things I know I can't do perfectly (or at least well).... which includes all "crafty" endeavors. It is limiting, but I don't need that kind of stress in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone that I know got married last spring. she wasn't going to cancel her plans for the virus and had the wedding anyhow, but very few showed up and she was very mad at the no-shows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely cry more during movies. My husband and son laugh at me.
    I love the song Respect also! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete

  6. Crying over Lord of the Rings ...that’s different

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get totally stressed out like you on #1!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We loved Mr. Bill. I bought my son's dog a Mr. Bill doll and she loved it so much he had to replace it at least 5 times because she played it to death. (We know she's become an old dog because she doesn't care about Mr. Bill any more).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked the movies and did read the first book, I think... I can't remember. When my sis and her hubby upgraded to a high quality system they gifted up their collection. We watched them but I still like The Hobbit ones the bet. Legolas is just so.... ME!
    I don't cry at weddings either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.