Sunday, November 01, 2020

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. What has been your favorite part of the year so far?

A. Um. This is 2020. I'm not sure it has a favorite part. It has had good moments - my husband's recovery from his ankle surgery and then his decision to retire from the fire department, to name two. And honestly, for someone as introverted as I am, being home all the time is not so bad. Although an outing to the book store once in a while would be helpful.

2. Have you started Christmas shopping?

A. Yes. I began ordering things online at the end of September. That is the only way anyone will receive anything, and even then, I suspect we will be having drive-by holidays.

3. Do you like your handwriting?

A. No. My handwriting is bad. I write very small and it's difficult to read. When I am writing quickly, it all goes the way of a mirror image on a lake, and good luck deciphering that.

4. Name a song you could hear over and over and over again.

A. Uptown Funk.

5. What is a favorite quote?

A. "You are what you do. You can recreate yourself every second of your life." - Xena, Warrior Princess, in the episode Forgiven (1997).

6. What is the last dream you remember?

A. I was angry with my husband about something, but I don't recall the details.

7. What is the most expensive object you want to buy right now?

A. My car is six years old. But it only has 45,000 miles on it. I have considered replacing it but I suppose I will continue to drive this one. I don't like car payments.

8. Describe your eldest family member.

A. That would be my mother-in-law. She's a quiet person, modest, Christian, and she has an intriguing sense of humor. She is also very strong-willed. She raised a good son.

9. What has your weather been like?

A. It has been chilly at night but warmer during the day. We had rain from Hurricane Zeta.

10. Do you enjoy your job?

A. I still do freelancing and I enjoy the work when I can find it.

11. What is your favorite everyday item?

A. My watch.

12. Are you currently obsessed with any TV show?

A. No. We haven't found anything new to watch in a while.

13. Name a book you’d like to read before the year ends.

A. Mastering Creative Anxiety, by Eric Maisel. I have it in my pile, it just hasn't found its way to the top.

14. Describe Kindness.

A. Kindness is my friend texting me to ask if my husband is ok, or my brother calling me in the mornings on his way to work just to "check on" me or sending me a book on birds because that's my latest interest, or my husband fixing dinner because I've been working on a story. It's stepping out of the way when someone needs to be where you are. It's wearing a mask during a pandemic or wiping down a shopping cart.

15. Describe your favorite candy in great detail.

A. It's creamy, dark, smooth, and it melts in your mouth. It has a wonderful milky chocolate taste to it that is like tingling goodness. It fills you with flavor and then gives you a nice sugar high that might make you bounce off the walls.

________________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

5 comments:

  1. I remember wearing a watch. I don't even own one these days...cell phones changed that for me, I guess. I am so grateful to be an introvert in these trying times....and to be married to one as well. I can't imagine how my father, an extreme extrovert, would have fared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little introverted (believe it or not) so I can understand what you mean.

    I think I have a bit of both to be fair - I like to get out there and do stuff too. The introvert within is happy and the extrovert within is a little frustrated.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your answer to #15! I love it. Great answers. Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi CountryDew: I enjoyed your answers today.
    Have a wonderful Sunday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One can, when reading here, know that you are a very creative writer. Uptown Town Funk is a surprise. lol #8 is lovely. Sweet. and full of soul.
    The pandemic has not bothered me that much and for the same reason. And I loved your Kindness answer- So true and well described. Have a lovely week, my friend. 🤙🏻 💞

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.