Monday, November 02, 2020

I Caught A Falling Star!

Halloween night, I went outside to take pictures of the moon. Then I moved the front yard to attempt star trails again.

I had the camera on taking the photos but also had a flashlight in my hand so I could see what I was doing, so there was a lot of ambient light. I knew I would have to start over but that doesn't matter so much with digital.

As I was piddling with things, I saw a falling star. It was green and it fell from the sky magnificently.

I did not realize until Sunday morning that I'd caught the star fall on my camera. I was quite happy about that.

It's the greenish line down toward the horizon. The others are small star trails. The light on the trees is where I kept shining the flashlight while I was making sure things were where I wanted them to be, and ambient light from the house.




3 comments:

  1. That must have been so exciting. What kind of camera do you have? When I was on a cruise in Alaska in 2006, I got to see the Northern lights. The colors were amazing! I could not get any pictures on my little camera. I took a picture of the moon last night and I wish I could have stayed outside longer. My neck hurts when I look up to long. Have a nice week Anita!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was using a Nikon Coolpix B700 when I took that photo. I have found the Coolpixs to be great cameras, and once you learn the settings, you can do as much with them as a DSLR.

      Delete
  2. How exciting! Thank you for sharing the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.