Saturday, October 31, 2020

Saturday9: This Haunted House


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Loretta Lynn wrote this song to help her cope with the sudden death of her friend, Patsy Cline. When they first met, Patsy was already a star and she helped Loretta become established. Did you more recently advise or receive advice?

A. I think I advised.

2) She sings that Patsy's is the face she sees when she turns out the light. Do you remember who or what you were thinking about when you fell asleep last night?

A. No, I don't recall.

3) Loretta maintains her TN ranch is haunted. She says "the moaning woman" is a harmless apparition, dressed in white. Do you believe in ghosts?

A. Yes. Just not like, with a sheet or something. I think ghosts are visions through thin doorways to parallel worlds. Or souls with a lot of their minds. Who knows?

4) Loretta Lynn's ranch is now open to the public. In addition to horseback riding, fishing and camping, Loretta's ranch features shops that sell locally-sourced jams, jellies and sauces, as well as Loretta Lynn CDs and "Coal Miner's Daughter" glassware and t-shirts. Have you ever brought home an edible souvenir? Or do you prefer to remember your trips with something more lasting, like a coffee mug or t-shirt?

A. We used to bring home taffy when we went to Myrtle Beach.

5) According to Reader's Digest, The Exorcist is the scariest movie of all time. Have you seen it, and if so, did it scare you?

A. I saw it when I was too young to be watching such things and yes, it scared me, although I don't remember much about it. I actually thought Rosemary's Baby was scarier.

6) Which do you find spookier: haunted houses or cemeteries?

A. I think they're about equal on the spooky scale.

7) What's the most recent Halloween costume you wore?

A. A witch!

8) When you were a kid, did you trade your Halloween candy with siblings or friends? 

A. Yes.

9) Random question: You meet your very friendly new neighbor. She invites you over for a "get acquainted" cup of coffee tomorrow afternoon and you accept. Then you learn that she was once on trial for an axe murder . . . but acquitted. Would you still go over to her house?

A. I'm a former journalist. Of course I would go over! And then maybe there'd be an axe dangling in mid-air . . . 





______________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however. 

8 comments:

  1. I love that episode of Andy Griffith! It launched Don Knott's big screen "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken," which was an important movie going experience of girlhood. I think I'm going to watch it again this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also saw and read The Exorcist at a younger age than I should have.

    The clip of Barney and Gomer is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I love that episode of the Andy Griffith show. I don't like horror, but give me all the silly, campy scary stuff and I'm a happy girl. I still like Scooby Doo. Happy Halloween, Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't celebrate Halloween.
    I enjoyed your answers.
    Have a happy Halloween however you do or do not participate my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw The Exorcist when I was young also. It scared me too.
    Josh likes Rosemary's Baby. He hasn't talked me into watching it. It sounds super scary to me. Loved your answers. Happy Halloween!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. heehee barney! Interesting that the journalist side of you wants to interview the woman for her experience... that's true. I'd have questions about her view of the trial at least.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that Rosemary's Baby was more scary.

    We went to a cemetery in Ohio once where there were 8 graves in a row, all the same family, all died within the same week, adults to children. Must have been a horrible ?pandemic? that went through town at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I saw Rosemary's Baby. I think the journalist in you would love the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.