Wednesday, May 06, 2020

Song Quiz

I meant to link up with Kwizgiver and her May music meme, but I am late. Here it is May 6 and I haven't done the first one.

So I shall do 6 in a row here and try to catch up.

A song I like with a color in it is Song Sung Blue by Neil Diamond. Actually, one of my AOL user names comes from this song.

A song I like with a number in the title is 99 Red Balloons by Nena. It's an anti-war song. Did you know that? It's about a bunch of balloons that go up and set off an alert. A pilot goes to check it out and shoots at them. The neighboring nations go berserk and "the war machine springs to life." All over 99 red balloons. It's a great allegory for the folly of war.

A song that reminds me of summertime is Black Velvet, by Alannah Myles. "Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell . . . Momma's dancin' with baby on her shoulder, the sun is sittin' like molasses in the sky." Those are great lyrics.

A song that reminds me of someone I'd rather forget is Live and Let Die, which was originally by Paul McCartney, I think. This version is by Guns & Roses.

A song that needs to be played loud is I Can't Get No Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones. The older I get, the less the words seem to apply to life, but the beat and music is as classic rock and roll as you can get. I mean, I can name that song in the first two notes.

A song that makes me want to dance is Stayin' Alive by the Bee Gees. Yes, I am a disco nerd. I can't even sit still in my chair when I hear that song.



3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the fun! I think of Stayin' Alive more as a music song. Those opening credits of him walking with the paint can, "You can tell by the way I use my walk ..." Perfect song for the movie moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good songs, but my favorite is "Black Velvet"...the very slow, sultry, sexy version of it.

    ReplyDelete