Saturday, December 21, 2019

Saturday 9: Happy Holidays!

Saturday 9: Happy Holidays!

(from the archives)

1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas?

A. I went to see Santa Claus when I was young. He also came to the house one year.

2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?

A. I hope I'm on the nice list, for taking care of my wounded husband, for writing an entire magazine for the county, and for generally being kind to cashiers and strangers.

3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?

A. The gift that went to England traveled the farthest.

4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?

A. Yes. I bought a book called Weeknight Meals for Two.

5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie? Have you seen it yet this year?

A. I like It's a Wonderful Life but I haven't seen it. I probably won't. My husband doesn't like that movie.

6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?

A. Not that I remember.

7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party?

A. No.

8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather?

A. Hot chocolate.

9. Share a memory from last Christmas.
A. Last Christmas, I give you my heart, but the very next day, you threw it away. No wait, that's a song. Last Christmas. Hmm. Oh wait, I had Christmas at my father's house for the first time since 1999. We had a nice visit. 

______________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

7 comments:

  1. #9 made me chuckle.

    I hope you have a good Christmas this year--it must be difficult with your husband recuperating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #9 -- Thanks for the ear worm! (Poor George. dying on Christmas Day.)

    Merry Christmas, Country Dew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved #9! 😂 We both like the same movie best. I like it because it reminds me to count blessings.
    May you both have little happinesses sprinkled throughout you days and even big ones if you can stand it. 🤩
    Merry Christmas 🎄🎁 and little trees are lovely, too. Thank you for,well, for being you. 💕🥰🤟🏻

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say I agree with your husband tool "It's a Wonderful Life" is not my favorite Christmas movie. Maybe I've just seen it too many times!

    Have a wonderful, peaceful Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you got to see your dad last Christmas and had a nice visit. I also love It's A Wonderful Life! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meals for two. I always think that is what I should do, but I keep cooking extra so we can have leftovers on nights I work late or don't feel like cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm... do they have meals for one?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.