Sunday, December 22, 2019

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. Do you ever give things away to your friends?

A. Yes. I think I did that more in the past than now; I am old, and so are my friends, and we mostly have what we need or want.
 
2. Does it make you uncomfortable when your parents talk about finding people attractive? If your parents don’t make comments like that, what sort of things can your family members say that do make you feel uncomfortable?

A. This is another one of those questions I'm not answering this close to Christmas.

3. Have you ever heard of an “alternative spring break”? Have you ever participated in one or known someone who has?

A. I have no clue what this is.

4. Is there anyone’s friendship or relationship, in particular, that makes you jealous?

A. I suppose I could be a little jealous of all the women my age who are now grandmothers because they were able to have children, sometimes. But I try not to think about it.

5. Is there a book series where you loved the first book, but for some reason the other books in the series just didn’t measure up?

A. Some of the books by Janet Evanovich in the Stephanie Plum series fall into that category. A few of the books have been clunkers.

6. Are you a registered voter?

A. Yes. And you should be, too, if you live in a country that has elections.

7. Are there any stores/restaurants that you would like to shop/eat at, but there aren’t any located near enough to you?

A. I live in a rural area. There are tons of stores that I've never even heard of, or have seen advertised and have no clue what they are. Trader Joe's, for example. Costco.

8. How many people would you say you are close with? Who are they?

A. I am close with all the people I want to be close with. As for who they are, that is my business.

9. Do you ever have smell hallucinations?

A. I have a very strong sense of smell. I can't say I've ever imagined a smell, but I can smell things others do not. Black snakes, for example, smell like cucumber. Rattlesnakes and copperheads smell like freshly turned-over dirt. I can smell molds, too, that other people cannot.

10. Is there something that you did not used to take seriously, that you either now take seriously or wish that you had in the past (e.g., a relationship that you miss, your education, etc.)?

A. Yes, but it is a secret.

11. Are there any subjects that you are interested in so much that you would read whole books or academic journals about them?

A. Yes. I've an entire library about writing, at least 100 books or more. I have read most of them.

12. Are you physically affectionate with your friends?

A. Yes.

13. When you were in school, did you witness a lot of bullying? How did the teachers react to name-calling or violence?

A. I was in school back in the dark ages. We respected our teachers, for the most part. I saw teachers slam students up against lockers when I was in high school and they were breaking up a fight or something.

14. If there is a specific celebrity (or two, or three!) that you dislike, is it because of petty reasons or is it because they’ve done something absolutely damning in your mind?

A. I think Adam Sandler is a horrible actor and misogynistic, so I don't watch anything he is in. I also don't watch Clint Eastwood movies, for the most part, because I don't like his acting. I think he's very wooden and has only one expression.
 
15. Are any of your friends/relatives actually impressive artists or writers?

A. I have many friends who are impressive artists and writers. Some of my artist friends are nationally known, and so are some of my writer friends. I went to a college that specialized in cranking out Pulitzer Prize winning authors.

__________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

4 comments:

  1. Strange to think of some area where nobody is aware of Trader Joe's or Costco, they are such a big part of our lives! I forget I'm in California! LOL.

    I never realized that snakes had a smell...or the others you mentioned. But the older I get the weaker my sense of smell gets, which is why I'm so aware of "smell hallucinations."

    ReplyDelete
  2. None of our four daughters ever had children. So I understand about that feeling, somewhat. But I should be looking at the feelings of my own girls and not my own. Two of them wanted to have a child. They didn't get to. It greatly affected them.
    #8. That's the perfect answer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a fairly good sense of smell, too. Good to know about the snake smells. Now I'll know if I'm out and randomly smell cucumbers to RUN!

    I am sorry that you feel the loss and pain of not having children. There is a dementia resident where I work that feels that so deeply. I asked her the other day if there was ever anything she'd wanted very much for Christmas but didn't get. I was thinking about toys, but her answer was "a baby of my own." She cried over it for the rest of the day. I felt awful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know much about Adam Sandler as a person but you haven't missed anything ith his films - the are mostly dreadful - he is one of the most overrated actors I have ever seen.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete