Monday, December 16, 2019

Back to the Doctor

I went to see my doctor's PA today.

My doctor, I was told, is booked through the end of the year. Not exactly what you want to hear when you sitting in the room getting your blood checked, but at least she has the PA available.

While I was there, I had an asthma attack. The PA listened to my lungs and could hear the wheezing. She then administered a nebulizer, which is a breathing thing that forces albuterol down into your lungs. The wheezing cleared up, as did the coughing, until about 4 p.m. this afternoon.

My doctor, bless her, came into my room to see me anyway, for just a moment. She gave me a hug, heard what the PA said and agreed with her treatment, hugged me again, and went off to her next patient.

I am so lucky I have such a good doctor.

Now I'm coughing again but I am so far resisting the cough medicine she prescribed. It has guaifenesin in it and that stuff makes me jittery, especially this time of day. I did resort to an inhaler a bit ago.

I have been sick since November 30, so two weeks.

The doctor also gave me a second round of antibiotics, something I've neve had before. It is supposed to help with this type of respiratory thing.

We shall see. I hope I wake up in the morning feeling like a new woman.

This is a horrible time to be sick, especially since my husband is still recovering from surgery and non-weight bearing on one foot (his driving foot!). It's not like I can send him out to the supermarket, so I've been overdoing things a bit, I suspect, by trying to take care of everything.

I am not one to go to bed when I am ill, though I prefer to stay home and not go out. Even so, I still manage 7,000 steps on my Fitbit.

Somebody has to do the laundry, after all.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my God, you have been so sick. I’m sorry to hear this. It’s the middle of the night where you are and I hope you are sleeping peacefully. I will keep you close in my thoughts that you both will be healed up and home enjoying the blessing of just being healthier and together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m sorry your sick !!! If you need anything please let us know !!!! Hope your feeling better !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last year I had a cough that wouldn't leave me alone and no one knew what it was. Not my GP, not the doctor in the ER who noticed it while I was there for something else entirely (my GP was worried I had a DVT). The cough disappeared as mysteriously as it arrived. I wish the same for you. One day soon you'll wake up and say to yourself, "Look who's not coughing!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.