Tuesday, April 03, 2018

First Love Memory

I don't recall having a "first love" nor do I recall my first kiss. I remember my first kiss with my husband but by then I was 18 and had already been kissed. One might call him my true love and thus I was then the recipient of my first true-love kiss.

Anyway, the question of the day is best first kiss or first love memory. Since I don't have one, I will just go with my oldest memory that has to do with liking boys.

I was in the second grade in Mrs. Wright's class. Jerry, whose last name eludes me, sent me a note. Back then we didn't text or anything, so we passed notes along. I don't remember exactly what the note said, maybe something along the lines of "I like you do you like me? Check Yes or No." We were seven years old. What else would it have said?

In any event, my response to his note was intercepted by Mrs. Wright, who proceeded to take it to the front of the class and read it aloud, while I sunk down in my seat, put my hands over my face, and sobbed my humiliation into my palms.

She then pinned the note to the blackboard and made every single student, including me and my "boyfriend," parade up in a row to look over said note and read it aloud.

And that is what I remember about "first love."


_________
This is the April challenge from Kwizgiver. I'll going to give it a go. Because, you know, I don't have enough to do. April 3 done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.