Sunday, July 19, 2026

Sunday Stealing



The Alphabet Meme

Answer these questions with anything from a single word to a paragraph or two. It's up to you.

A is for Age.

A. I am of an age when I am now old. Some might even call me elderly, although I prefer "older person," myself. I'm old enough to know better, and old enough not to care so much.

B is for your Booze of choice.

A. My beverage of choice would be an A&W root beer.

C is for Career.

A. I worked as a freelance news writer for about 40 years. Some of that time I was on staff, but most of it I worked freelance, writing as many as 30 articles a month. It was not great pay but I did, heard, and saw many things I'd not otherwise have.

D is for your Dog's name.

A. My last dog's name was Ginger. We had her for 17 years. We got her in 1984 and she died in 2001.

E is for Everyday Essentials.

A. I need lotion, powder, toothpaste, and mouthwash every day.

F is for your Favorite Food.

A. My favorite food is chocolate. I am a confirmed chocoholic.

G is for your favorite Game.

A. My favorite game is a video game called Skyrim, which I haven't played in years, but it is still my favorite video game of all time. 

H is for your Hometown.

A. My hometown is the community in which I still live.

I is for an Instrument you play. 

A. I play guitar.



J is for your favorite Jam or Jelly flavor.

A. My favorite jelly is Welch's Grape Jelly.

K is for Kids.

A. I do not have any kids.

L is for the Last show or movie your watched.

A. The last show I watched was an episode of JAG.

M is for your Most prized possession.

A. My most prized possession is my wedding band.

N is for the Name of your first crush.

A. My first crush's name was Jamie.

O is for what you Observe from your window.

A. From my window, I see oak trees in the pasture, a mock orange tree, grass that's a little greener than it has been because we had a small shot of rain, threatening skies, and a fence,

P is for Phobias.

A. I am not afraid of much, really. I will ask my husband to kill spiders and snakes if he's here, but if he's not, I'll do it myself. I'm not afraid of heights although at my age, they're not the smartest thing for me to indulge in. 

Q is for your favorite Quote.

A. Not all those who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

R is for Regret.

A. Regrets, I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention.

S is for Sweets.

A. We'll just go with chocolate again here.

T is for the Time you wake up.

A. I am generally up by 6:30 though sometimes I sleep until 7 or so.

U is for Underwear.

A. I wear it.

V is for your favorite Vegetable.

A. Does anyone really have a favorite vegetable? I like peas, green beans, and broccoli.

W is for your Worst habit.

A. My worst habit is engaging mouth before brain sometimes.

X is for X-rays.

A. I just had some for my shoulder about a month ago. 

Y is for your Yummiest recipe.

A. That would be for fudge.

Z is for your Zodiac sign. 

A. I am a Gemini through and through.

Thank you for playing! Please come back next week.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

3 comments:

  1. What is a mock orange tree? I should google it! Also, have you read The Book Club for Troublesome Women? It isn't my normal genre, but I just finished it and it was really good. As a writer, you might enjoy one of the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed by your writing career, but sad about your poor pay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I haven't seen Welch's grape jelly, nor have I seen Welch's 😢 grape juice here in Montreal in years. I love ❤️ both.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.