Friday, August 30, 2024

Happiness - Day 30


Today I am happy because I didn't break the camera.

Yesterday, we had a lightning storm. More lightning than rain, with lots of thunder. I could see bolts of lightning out of my office window.

We generally can't see lightning where we live. It tends to hit behind us where the power lines run. So when I realized it was streaking in the front of the house, I grabbed the camera and set it on "record" to see if I could capture a streak or two.

I have never photographed a lightning bolt. Doing it with the video recorder is not the way to go about it, but I wasn't thinking clearly.

At any rate, about 11 seconds into recording, KA-BOOM! I thought the lightning hit the house across the way, and I wasn't sure it didn't hit something on our house because I heard a weird noise.

When I played back the video, I didn't have the lightning strike. I had a green streak running across the video in the camera from where the electricity made the video a bit wonky.

Too close for comfort, that one was.

But it doesn't seem to have damaged the camera. Whew!

______________________
Happy August Happiness Challenge!
 
Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

3 comments:

  1. Good that your camera was not damaged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. There's quite a bit of drama there but I'm happy for your happy ending. You got me thinking: I can't recall every actually seeing a lightning BOLT. I see lightening flashes that light up the sky. But that stereotypical silver zig zag? Nope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your camera wasn't damaged, too! It does sound too close for comfort!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.