Monday, August 26, 2024

Happiness - Day 26

Around 3 p.m., my husband came rushing in the house to tell me he'd lost his cellphone. I tried to call his number, and it went straight to voice mail.

In the past when he's lost his phone in the field, we could call it and find it by the ring.

But there was no ring this time.

I jumped into the utility vehicle with him so I could be a second set of eyes and we started going over all the places he'd been on the farm.

About a half-hour later, we spotted it in some cut grass along the side of a bank.

It was so hot, it nearly burned him when he picked it up, he said. It had been sitting in the 90+ degree sun for almost 2 hours. (He has a flip phone, still.)

It also wouldn't turn on.

We returned to the house. After a recharge and a cool down, the phone began functioning again. Whew!

So today I am happy that my husband's phone is working, and I didn't have to make an emergency run into the city to get him something to use.

______________________
Happy August Happiness Challenge!
 
Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.


2 comments:

  1. That's truly like finding a needle in a haystack! You've got eagle eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It nearly burned him when he picked it up! I'm happy for you both that it still worked after that. New phones are such a hassle.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.