Sunday, February 11, 2024

Sunday Stealing



1. What is a big dream you have for the future?

A. I would like to be healthy and not in pain. That doesn't seem like a very big dream, but for me it's huge.

2. What are your favorite hobbies?

A. Writing, reading, playing guitar, video games.

3. If you could change the world, what would you do?

A. I think that depends upon the extent of my power. In my local world, I would make newspapers relevant again and bring back humility, manners, and empathy. I would also rid the world of the scourge of social media.

4. What places have you traveled to?  What was your favorite?

A. I have been to Spain and France, and to states as far north as New York, as far south as Florida, and as far west as California. But my favorite place was Williamsburg, Virginia, which is about a 4-hour drive from me, followed by our trip to the Biltmore.

5. What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?

A. I don't know. Escargo, I guess.

6. What are your favorite places to eat?

A. Apparently home, now. We don't eat out much anymore. Many of the places we used to enjoy have either closed or changed their menu.

7. What kind of music do you like?  Talk about a favorite artist or songs.

A. I like adult pop music, like Adele, Pink, or Kelly Clarkson (to be current). Mostly, though I listen to 1970s music with Melissa Etheridge and Sheryl Crow from the 1990s thrown in for good measure.

8. What was the last book you read?

A. Walk Two Moons, by Sharon Creech. It is a Newberry Medal winner and about a young girl whose mother is no longer around.

9. If you could meet a character from a book, who would it be?

A. Nancy Drew, of course.

10. Do you prefer books or movies?  Why?

A. Books, although I like movies too. Sometimes movies are better than books, and sometimes movies are all I know of a story because I've not read the book.

11. What is something you used to be scared of, but aren’t any more?

A. I used to be scared that the constant pain in my gut was some kind of cancer, but after 10 years of living with it, and lots of tests, I know it's scar tissue.

12. What is something you were never afraid of, but are now?

A. People in my community. Some of them have formed a militia and they practice shooting at other people because they want a civil war. These are scary people.

13. What item is your most cherished possession?  Why?

A. My wedding ring.

14. What awards or contests have you won?

A. I've won more than a dozen Virginia Press Association awards for my news writing, the Sherwood Anderson Writing Contest (I don't know if they still do that one), and few other things like that.

15. Do you like working jigsaw puzzles?

A. I do, but the last one I had was so full of paper dust that I couldn't work it. It made my asthma flair. 

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know that about your community. How scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First--I compliment your photos in the header of your blog--they are beautiful!

    #12 is frightening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Between my gastrointestinal and kidney issues, and my Connie Cat's constipation, I give elimination more thought and am more grateful for it than I ever imagined I'd be. I'm sorry about #12. Chicago is awash in guns and that constant threat of violence weighs on you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.