Monday, February 12, 2024

Madison & Monroe

When I die, I expect whoever ends up clearing out my stuff to simply chuck it, which would be a shame because I have a lot of photos and documentation that historians would kill for.

Take these photos that I ran across today while I was looking for something else. I had forgotten I had these. While not the best shots - obviously wherever I was there was a glare - these are historic documents with the signatures of James Madison and James Monroe. They were owned by a resident of the town of Fincastle when I took these photos. I have no clue where the originals might be now. Somewhere there's an article that accompanied these - 












2 comments:

  1. Wow, I love his handwriting! Maybe you can send them to a library or museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love showing documents like this to my students. I get all nerdy about them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.