Sunday, January 28, 2024

Sunday Stealing


Sunday Stealing

1. What are your plans for February?

A. To stay warm (it's usually a chilly month here), finish up my tax stuff and meet with my accountant, and that's about it.

2. Did you ever have or go to sleepovers as a kid?

A. I went to a few sleepovers, and I had a few. Not many. Being rural and because my mother worked an hour away from home limited such things.

3. Which books would you pick for a book binge?

A. I prefer to read things that are new to me, so I'd pick up some fantasies, maybe something by Juliet Marillier or Lois Bujold or some author new to me, an unread Nora Roberts book, an unread Stephanie Plum book (unfortunately there is only one of those I've not read), something new by David Sedaris, maybe a Neil Gaiman book, somebody's memoir, and whatever else I could find. My Kindle is full of unread books I've downloaded for free; I could spend plenty of time going through those. 

4. What features do you love most about your home?

A. It's one story with no stairs, it's small so it's easy to take care of, and we built it ourselves, with our four hands, so my husband and I know this place inside and out.

5. How often do you try something new?

A. Not as often as I should.

6. What type of sushi is your favorite?

A. I have never had sushi, and since I'm allergic to fish, I don't suppose I ever will.

7. Do you prefer to relax or go on adventures during vacation?

A. We generally tour an area, taking in the tourist spots, museums, stores, etc. My husband isn't much for sitting around.

8. Which colors look best on you?

A. Blue and purple.

9. Do you like brunch?

A. Sure.

10. Do you get stage fright?

A. Yes.

11. Which podcasts do you like at the moment?

A. I don't really listen to podcasts. I listen to audiobooks. Sometimes I listen to Ted Talks.

12. One thing that immediately makes your day better.

A. A phone call from a friend.

13. Which family members are you closest to?

A. My husband and my brother.

14. Something you practice often.

A. My guitar.

15. Are you a light sleeper or a deep sleeper?

A. I'm a light sleeper but a heavy dreamer.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

5 comments:

  1. Staying warm here too... we are having a little bit of a January thaw at the moment and will be in the mid 40's this week, I'll take it! I'm a purple and blue gal too! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you enjoy the Stephanie Plum books you might try Evanovich's other series, like the Fox & O'Hare one. They are good, too. I'm surprised you don't listen to podcasts. For some reason I thought you would be one who does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Stephanie Plum books! A few semesters ago I was taking a sociology class and part of our homework was to watch several different Ted Talks. I felt like I learned so much from the speakers. I actually shared the links with friends because they were fascinating to me! I need to start listening to some again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We always start our taxes in earnest during Presidents Day week in the US, when school is off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Stay warm" is definitely a good idea - I will be doing that too.

    I've seen TV shows by Neil Gaiman - they are weird though. His books might be interesting.

    I've listened to a few TED Talks too - some of them are very interesting.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.