Friday, January 05, 2024

By My Bed

Most of us have a bedside table of some kind, I suppose. Ours came with the bedroom suite that we purchased around 1991. The suite is dark cherry, made by Virginia House, a now-defunct local company that made great furniture back in the day. We got one of the last sets to come out of the place before some larger company took them over. The dark cherry is a bit out of place in the house, because everything else is golden oak.

Nevertheless, this was the suite we bought and have we each will probably die in the bed, or that's our hope, anyway.

We each have a bedside table. Here's what you'd find on and in mine:

A touch lamp.
A box of tissues.
Medication.
A bottle of water.
A box that holds a pair of scissors, a flashlight, a small notebook, a pen, and a paper towel.
 
In the drawers, you would find:

Old watches that no longer work.
Medication.
Nail files.
Nail clippers.
Allergy masks.
A dental mouth guard.
A dream catcher.
A small box with old jewelry in it.
A Slinky.

You'd also see that at the bottom of my bedside table, there is an indentation in the wood from something. It's from a step that I used to use to climb into the bed. The mattress sits very high up off the floor, and I can't get into it without a step stool. The block I used to use rubbed against the bedside table and left a place before I realized what was happening.

I wonder what that bedside table says about me.


2 comments:

  1. I'm fascinated by the Slinky. Do you ever play with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes. I used to be able to "walk it" for a long time but I'm not that dexterous now.

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.