Saturday, December 30, 2023

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: The Old Me (2020)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
We're bidding adieu to the old year with a song about looking back. 

1) In this song, the lead singer thanks his younger self for everything he learned from past experience. What's something you learned in 2023?

A. I learned that I am more afraid than I thought I was. Afraid of what, you may ask? Everything. Leaving the house. Stretching myself, trying new things, leaving my comfort zone. Leaving my safe space. Losing. Winning. 
 
2) He admits he did some things he wished he hadn't. Did you do anything in 2023 you wish you could take back?

A. I wish we hadn't put fertilizer on the hayfields only to watch them burn up in a drought. That was an expensive loss.

3) This music video consists of old photographs. Do you have many photos lingering on your phone or camera? Or are you prompt about downloading them?

A. I am fairly prompt about downloading them. I keep a few on my phone that I want to see, but generally delete them and keep it clean. No old ones on my cameras at all.

4) This week's featured artist is 5 Seconds of Summer, a band from Australia. Have you ever been to the land down under? If not, would you like to go?

A. I have never been to Australia. I wouldn't mind a trip there, especially if I could hop over to New Zealand while I was in the neighborhood.
 
5) In 2020, when this song was popular, "murder hornets," aka the giant Asian hornet, were spotted for the first time in the United States. Are you afraid of bugs?

A. It depends on the bug. Generally, though, no. If my husband is home, I will do the girly thing and go "Ew, a big spider, kill it!" but if he isn't around, I just take care of it myself.

6) Enough about 2020! Let's look back on 2023. Did you travel this past year?

A. I went to the grocery store. I think that's about as far as I got.

7) What was the biggest purchase that you made in 2023?

A. We bought a weed sprayer thing for the fields that never was used because the rains didn't come. The pasture dried up and the fields didn't need to be sprayed for weeds because weeds was all there was. No point in killing them when that was all the cows would have to eat.

8) What was your favorite book of 2023?

A. I don't really have favorite books, but I liked A Man Called Otto. It made me think. I also liked Catch-22 much more than I expected to.

9) What are you looking forward to most in 2024?

A. Hopefully we will take a vacation. We haven't had one since 2019.  We haven't made any plans, though.

_______________

I encourage you to visit the posts of other participants in Saturday 9 and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however. 

5 comments:

  1. I want to take a vacation too. We always stay home and spend our money on updates to our house or paying off bills. Not a bad thing. I just like making memories.
    I loved Man Called Otto and Catch-22 also.
    #1...I can be that way too. I make myself get out and do things, but not all of the time. I think I have anxiety. I talked to my doctor about it last summer. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend and Happy New Year 2024. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me laugh when you said doing the girly thing with the spider. I hope you get to take a vacation. Happy New Year Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your vacation comes and is great. Maybe Australia!! So sorry about the fields. Hopefully things are better this year. Weather has been odd for a few years now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand your answer to #1. Covid lockdown changed me in ways big and small, and one of the benefits of my little job at the card shop (yes, I'm continuing into 2024, at least for a while) is it forces me to "people." One of the benefits of sharing my home with cats is taht I seldom see bugs. To Connie and Roy Hobbs, they're big game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #1 As I get older I find it is a lot hard to over coming “leaving my comfort zone. Leaving my safe space.”
    #2 & 7 Farming is a tough business. Many of my high school friends farmed, I remember droughts and heavy rains that they went through. It is kind of like gambling… you place your bets and you take your chances.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.