Saturday, December 09, 2023

Saturday 9: Wildest Dreams

Saturday 9: Wildest Dreams (2014)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, a tall, handsome man asks Taylor Swift to drive away with him to escape the crowds. Where were you headed when you most recently got behind the wheel?

A. I went up to my mother-in-law's house.

2) She sings about memories of a romance that just "follow you around." Is anyone special on your mind this morning? (It doesn't have to be a romantic partner.)

A. For some reason, I had been thinking of a high school friend lately, and after some searching, I found a number for her and called it. We have reconnected. She lives far, far away.

3) The lyrics reference sunset. Now that it gets dark earlier, do you find yourself watching the sun set more often?

A. I have always stopped to watch the sun set or rise. I stop to watch the moon set and rise, too.

4) The video for this song takes place on a movie set. Swift said it was inspired by tales of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton embarking on a love affair while co-starring in Cleopatra. Elizabeth and Richard fell in love in Rome, while this video was filmed outside of Gaborone, Botswana. In your wildest dreams, which of these exotic locales would you rather visit: Rome or Gaborone?

A. Rome, I suppose, although I've always wanted to see the Egyptian pyramids. But that wasn't a choice.

5) In homage to Elizabeth Taylor, Swift went from blonde to brunette for the video. Do you have an appointment with a stylist between now and year end?

A. I think I have had my last haircut for the year, unless I have a sudden hair emergency.

6) Both Taylors (Swift and Elizabeth) often wore the color purple. What color dominates your wardrobe?

A. Blue.

7) In the video, Taylor Swift's leading man is Scott Eastwood, son of Clint. Though not as famous as his dad, Scott works steadily and has more than 30 TV and movie credits. Can you think of another second-generation performer who followed his or her parent into show business?

A. Jennifer Grey of Dirty Dancing fame. I learned from reading her autobiography earlier this year that her father is Academy Award winning actor Joel Grey. He won an Academy Award for a role in Cabaret with Liza Minnelli. (Don't feel bad, I had no idea who he was, either, until I looked him up.)

8) In 2014, when "Wildest Dreams" topped the charts, Paul McCartney had to reschedule tour dates so he could recover from a bout with the flu. How are you feeling this morning? Any coughs, sneezes, sniffles?

A. I always have sinus drainage, so nothing out of the ordinary.

9) Random question: How many different zip codes have you lived in throughout your life?

A. Three. Interesting fact: my address where I live has changed 3 times without my ever moving (although the zip code has stayed the same).

_______________

I encourage you to visit the posts of other participants in Saturday 9 and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however. 

10 comments:

  1. I have loved Joel Grey every time I've seen him. Most recently he was an awesome CIA operative in The Old Man, a streaming series on Prime and (I think) Hulu. It starred Jeff Bridges as a retired agent who just wants to hang out with his two (incredibly awesome) awesome but the agency has other plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a Joel Gray fan long before Jennifer put on her dancing shoes. He’s a very talented man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #9: That's...weird. What causes that to happen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. #3 Hopefully I will remember to go and take some sunset photos tonight before I head back to Connecticut for the winter.
    #7 I’m horrible with these kind of questions, I just don’t follow entertainment news.
    #9 So far I’m the only one who stayed put.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not being a Swifty, I have never heard of that song. I did watch it though and found it interesting based the facts that you wrote about it. You can certainly tell that that is Clint's son!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought of Jennifer Grey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer/Joel Grey --good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe I forgot to do Saturday 9 this week. I would have answered the parent/child Hollywood connection with Judy Garland and Liza Minnelli. I love Joel Grey. I saw him live in a concert and it was perhaps one of the best small concerts I'd ever seen. He was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. (and my choice between Rome and Gabarone would definitely be Gabarone...I could go looking nearby for elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So good to reconnect with a friend of the past.
    I found one of my university friends back after more than 15 years.
    That was an interesting experience as our roles towards each other had changed completely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.