Saturday, December 23, 2023

Saturday 9: Happy Holidays


 From the archives

1. When Sam Winters (the meme author) was a little girl, she loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. If you could ask Santa for anything at all, right now, what would it be?

A. There's always the Peace on Earth wish, but that ain't happening. So, I will take it closer to home and ask for a hard-shell case for my Fender electric guitar. That's simple and easy, right?

2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?

A. I am on the Nice list because I am not mean, outlandish, or naughty. I swear and I am overweight. Those are my vices. If everyone who says f&ck and eats too much is on the naughty list, the nice list is very short.

3. Are you traveling this Christmas? If so, are you going by car, plane or train?

A. I am not traveling.

4. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If yes, which one traveled the farthest?

A. I sent a gift to a friend in England, but I ordered it from Amazon UK. So I am not sure how far it actually traveled.

5. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?

A. I bought a pair of earrings to fill out an order so I could get free shipping.

6. Which do you prefer: candy canes or gingerbread?

A. Gingerbread.

7. Close your eyes and tell us the first carol that comes to mind.

A. The First Noel.

8. What's your favorite winter beverage?

A. Water. It's all I drink anymore. It used to be hot chocolate, though.

9. Share a memory from last Christmas.

A. Oy vey. Last Christmas? Last Christmas took three blog entries to describe. We lost power in 0-degree weather. We didn't have Christmas, not really. We were busy trying to keep the pipes in the house from freezing, and chopping out the frozen ice from the cattle waterers, and ensuring that everyone else was ok, too. We were saved by my wonderful friend and her husband, who brought us dinner on Sunday afternoon, which was Christmas Day, just as the power came back on, and my husband and I had a wonderful meal that I was most thankful for, since I'd only had sandwiches for days.

_______________

I encourage you to visit the posts of other participants in Saturday 9 and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember your last Christmas! I hope this one more than makes up for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Santa comes through with that case. A Fender deserves the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope this year’s Christmas is better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anita, Fender has building here in my city where they are made. There was even a museum for a while, but the city took over and it is now a community center. Fender.com has a big sale going on. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with #2!!!

    Wishing you a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One thing about last Christmas...you certainly will remember it and I'm guessing you really appreciated all the things we normally take for granted when the power came back on. Merry Christmas! I hope this one is blessed and much less eventful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.