Thursday, December 21, 2023

Thursday Thirteen

 


1. On the first day of Christmas, I tried not to cry. The Christmas tree was too much for me by myself. I hated asking the husband for help.

2. On the second day of Christmas, I wrote out my list. I have no idea what to buy for gifts.

3. On the third day of Christmas, I set out to shop. Thank goodness for my little laptop.

4. On the fourth day of Christmas, I sat down to write my cards. I found my messages to folks were hard to write.

5. On the fifth day of Christmas, UPS rolled in with gifts. I wondered if anyone would like the things I picked.

6. On the sixth day of Christmas, I started looking for the tape, because a new pack cost $6.88.

7. On the seventh day of Christmas, I couldn't find my special recipes. I printed off a few I found online.

8. On the eighth day of Christmas, I found my recipe. I was relieved and I could go and make penuche.

9. On the ninth day of Christmas, I made a slab of fudge. I put in the freezer and hoped it would be good.

10. On the tenth day of Christmas, I watched Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer. This time I did not fall asleep.

11. On the eleventh day of Christmas, I found a fruit cake for my guy. I also bought him old fashioned custard, which he likes.

12. On the twelfth day of Christmas, I played carols with my dad, and when I came home, I was kind of mad.

13. On the thirteenth day of Christmas, I said, "That's enough," and I sat down to drink a cup of ... something.

______________


Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while, and this is my 839th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

7 comments:

  1. I used to find it hard to ask for help. But with my shoulder injuries, I have to. My hubby sets up the tree. I do the rest of the house. My grandson helped me a lot this year. He set up the village, otherwise, I would not have done it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some years feel like that, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this! What fun. Mad? Done with it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your fun post! Nice take on the 12, 13 days of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Carols with dad, end up mad. Hmmm... dad a bit much?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to look up penuche. How did it turn out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great. I use a Martha Stewart recipe (doubled). It's almost better than chocolate fudge.

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.