Sunday, December 24, 2023

Sunday Stealing


1. Who did you spend time with this year?

A. My husband, mostly. I spent time with my friends on the phone.

2. Anything change with the pets in your life?

A. I don't have pets. I have cows. They calved and we took them to market, just like every year.

3. What was your job like this year? What do you do? Did any roles or assignments change? If you aren’t employed, base this question on your work at home or volunteering.

A. I did my daily household chores. I wrote articles for a local online paper. Nothing much changed, really.

4. What was the best book you read this year?  How many did you read?

A. I have read 62 books (so far) this year. I'm working on 63 & 64. The best book I read was A Man Called Ove, by Frank Backman.

5. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? Did you feel differently? 

A. I didn't do much of anything on my birthday. I did not feel different. I am not saying how old I was but it was one of those birthdays with a "0" in it.

6. What political or social issue stirred you the most? 

A. Oh heavens. The efforts of the fascists to take over by following Trump, of course, which included (and includes) efforts to ban books by marginalized folk. I feel like I feel into pre-World War II Germany.

7. Who was the most interesting new person you met?

A. My father has a friend named Joe, whom I had met before but had not spent time with. We have been playing music together. He's a great guitar player and could teach me a lot, I think.

8. What changed in your home?

A. Very little. My husband hung two new sets of deer antlers in the garage. That's about it.

9. What have you learned throughout the year? (Other than crafts) Can be a new skill or a life lesson.

A. I have learned that it is none of my business what other people think of me. I used to care, but I have learned not to. I'm too old now to give a damn.

10. What was your favorite outfit for warm weather? Cooler weather?  What do you wear when you dress up? Any new clothes or accessories you really love?

A. No new outfits, no favorites. I just wear jeans and t-shirts. 

11. Did you make or give up on any efforts to be healthier? Diet, water, exercise etc?

A. I lost six pounds and have kept it off.

12. Fave meals, snacks, desserts, restaurants etc? Eat out or eat in?

A. We mostly eat in. I do not have a favorite meal anymore. It used to be sweet and sour shrimp, but I developed a shrimp allergy and the sweet and sour sauce upsets my stomach if I try to eat S/S chicken. I suppose anything chocolate would be a favorite dessert.

13. Did you learn any new crafts or techniques? What was your favorite thing you made?

A. I didn't learn anything new.

14. What are your hopes and dreams for the new year?  (Some suggestions-family, travel, work, lifestyle, hobbies, pets, appearance)

A. I would like to find a part-time job of some kind.

15. What was the best new/new-to-you thing you a) bought b) made c) acquired in some other way?

A. I have a new Fender guitar that my husband gave me for our 40th anniversary.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

3 comments:

  1. A Man Called Ove is a good book. Congrats to you on losing six pounds AND even more importantly, keeping it off! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cliff and I both have read A Man Called Ove. Great book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #7--I love meeting people who can teach me. I have a knitter friend like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.