Sunday, December 31, 2023

New Year's Questions

1. What did you do in 2023 year that you had not done before?

A. I began playing music with my father and his friend Joe. We meet once a week at my dad's house and play old country songs. I also saw a different physical therapist when I went back to physical therapy. Since I'd been seeing the same one for over a decade, this was a big change.
 
2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions/goals for 2023, and will you make/set more for 2024?  What are they? What are your new ones?

A. I don't make resolutions. I have goals but at the moment I don't care to share.

3. Did anyone you know give birth? Or get pregnant?

A. I'm sure somebody did, but nothing is coming to mind at the moment.

4. Did anyone you know die? Or have a serious illness? 

A. People I knew died. I am of the age when people die. Lots of people have been ill and some have had accidents.


5. What places did you visit? 

A. The grocery store, the doctor's office, the gas station. I may have hit the bookstore once last year. I stay home too much.

6. What would you like to have in 2024 that you lacked in 2023 (doesn't have to be a physical thing)?

A. Better health.

7. What date from 2023 will remain etched in your memory and why?

A. In 2023, I turned 60 and I celebrated 40 years of marriage. They are both big numbers, so I will remember the year for that.

8. What was your biggest achievement this year?

A. I didn't do anything that I consider a "big achievement."
 
9. Did you get sick or injured? Anyone you know?

A. I have actually been quite healthy since the onset of the pandemic (for me, anyway). Staying away from people has been good for my physical health. I know several people who have been sick or injured. I hurt my leg when I fell off a stool in October.

10. What was the best thing you bought?

A. A new electric guitar, which I did not actually buy. It was my wedding anniversary present from my husband. 

11. Where did most of your disposable income go (money left over after you pay for food, transportation and shelter)?

A. Into the farm.

12. What song will always remind you of this year?

A. I can't think of any.

13. What do you wish you would have done more of?

A. Writing. I wish I had done more writing.

14. What do you wish you would have done less of?

A. Playing video games.

15. What was your favorite new TV program? Movie? Album/Songs? Or if you didn't pick up any new ones, what are you still watching/listening to?

A. My favorite movie was Barbie, and the song What Was I Made For, by Billie Ellish, is a new favorite song (although it's very sad). I binge-watched Alaska Daily (I think that was in 2023) and was sorry it wasn't renewed. I still listen to 1970s music, Melissa Etheridge, and early Sheryl Crow music. 


These came from Sunday Stealing; there seemed to be two entries for this week or else I'm simply confused.

6 comments:

  1. Ha! I turned 70 this year but it WASN'T the date I most remembered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy you, having people to sing and play with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could I have forgotten Barbie?? I watched it while on our Women's Retreat and watching it with a lot of other women was amazing! You said that people you know have had accidents - we have lost four people to falls over the last few years -- one of our close friends tripped over the dog in the middle of the night and hit his head on the door - no blood on the outside but after a little while told his wife to take him to the emergency room. He died. It was so traumatic for so many people but especially for his wife.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbie was a standout for me, too. And Alask Daily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed watching Alaska Daily and sad it won't be back. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My "resolutions" are really "goals" if I'm brutally honest. But then I convert them to habits and it seems to work.

    You turned 60 years old? Excellent. Welcome to a new decade of your life - I'm 61.

    I would love an electric guitar. I would need to learn how to play it though.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.