Monday, January 01, 2024

Happy New Year!

Here it is - the time for new beginnings. Diets, exercise, eat right - all of that stuff - becomes the focus for about two weeks, and then lags off and people go back to living as they did previously. Two weeks of salad is good, right?

I do not make resolutions - I don't see the point - but I do have some things I'd like to accomplish or do in the next 12 months.

For one thing, I think I badly need a vacation. Some time away might do wonders for my mood.

I also want to stop playing on the computer so much, unless I'm actually writing something (like this blog) or working on the bookkeeping. It's too bad, really, that I simply cannot find interest in crafts like knitting and crocheting, at least, enough to go into another room and do it. Those types of activities do not interest me. I don't know why. I don't do them well, but I am not bad at them, either.

We have a perilous time coming up with the 2024 presidential election. I am sorry to say that I do not believe the United States will be a democracy in 2025. I think it will be a mafia-type autocracy, and those who are loyal to the previous president will be the winners. The rest of us, including the lower levels of those loyal to him (that is, everyone I know), will be the losers. It's not like he really cares about the guy next door with the flashing Trump signs.

Hopefully, my prediction there will be wrong. We'll know come November. However it plays out, it isn't going to be pretty.

Closer to home, I would like to see my county government figure out what it is doing. So far, apparently, they've given free rein to anyone with money to build anything they want. The southern end of the county, where the grocery stores are, is getting messy. 

And as for me, I'd like to be settled. Not happy, or even content. Just calmer and settled. Healthier and less anxious. That's all.

Just a few little tweaks here and there. Or maybe big ones. Who knows?

Anyway, happy new year to everyone, and thank you so much for reading me. I know everyone's time is valuable, and I am humbled that you choose to spend a few minutes reading my words from time to time.

May you be blessed.

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Anita, I am going to try to take one day at a time. Funny as I am setting up a planner for my crafty group and maybe for everyday in general. Every Monday we get an update for our craft group and the speaker said as much as she was looking forward to a good year, she remembers how ugly the last political year went. I am trying not to dwell too much on it. It can't be ignored. So much decisiveness and lack of democratic restraints. The speaker said our group will not include any politics. We are there to enjoy what we have in common and that is creativity. My biggest concern is how quickly time is passing and making the most of the time I have left. I hope you get to take a vacation and find some new interest. I play Words with Friends on my IPhone daily. It is good for the mind. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate your prediction for the election, though I"m afraid it will be right. And then what will all of us non- MAGA people do???? --Hey! I can leave a comment now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.