Saturday, November 18, 2023

Saturday 9: Last Train to Clarksville


Saturday 9: Last Train to Clarksville (1966)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
1) When did you most recently take a train?

A. Sometime around 1979.

2) The lyrics promise "coffee-flavored kisses and a bit of conversation." Have you more recently had coffee, a kiss, or a chat?

A. A chat.

3) The record opens with a guitar riff inspired by The Beatles' "Day Tripper." Can you play guitar?

A. I can!


4) The lead vocals are performed by Micky Dolenz. He is the only surviving member of the Monkees. Without looking it up, can you name his bandmates?

A. Davy Jones and Peter Tork. There's some other guy, too, but I can't remember his name.

5) The Monkees starred in an award-winning sitcom for two seasons. In Season 2, Micky surprised fans by appearing with a curly perm. Do you curl, straighten or color your hair?

A. I use a flat iron on it sometimes.

6) Micky also did a stint at WCBS radio in New York. He spun the oldies every morning and helped his listeners get ready for work. Do you turn on the radio or TV when you first wake up?

A. No. I turn on the computer.

7) Micky's daughter, Ami, followed her father into show business, appearing in several movies and a recurring role in General Hospital. If you followed your father into his profession, what would you have done for a living? 

A. I'd be selling rubber hoses and o-rings.

8) In 1966, when this song topped the charts, miniskirts took the fashion world by storm. What have you recently added to your wardrobe?

A. A jacket.

9) Random question -- You order chicken noodle soup and a packet of saltines arrives with the bowl. Do you: 1) break the crackers into pieces and stir them into your soup or 2) squeeze them in your hand and sprinkle the crumbles into your soup or 3) leave them untouched?

A. I break them into crumbles while they're still in their bag and then dump them in the soup, which I guess is closest to #2.

_______________

I encourage you to visit the posts of other participants in Saturday 9 and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however. 

 

3 comments:

  1. I admit it: I tossed the guitar question in as a softball to you. I get to do that, you know, because I'm meme mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I turn on the computer first when I am staying home. I enjoy the quiet.
    Happy Anniversary!!! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.