Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Happiness Challenge - Day 22

 

Today I am happy that my husband didn't cut his leg off.

He dropped a pickle jar as he was putting it back in the refrigerator, and it shattered. A big piece hit his leg and shaved off a good inch of skin. It wasn't deep, but it bled a lot.

I rushed around trying to take care of him and clean up pickle juice all at the same time. I was trying to keep the pickle juice from running under the refrigerator, plus there was glass everywhere, and he was bleeding somewhat profusely.

After I got him in a chair and his bloody shoes off of him so I could see what he'd done to his shin, I saw that he probably didn't need stitches. I hunted up the bandages and patched him up, then cleaned up the mess. After he rested and the blood finally stopped oozing, he helped me clean up. I was having difficulty with the mopping, so I was glad he was well enough to help me with that.

I told him I was not buying him anymore pickles. This is the second jar of pickles he's dropped and busted in the last year.

Pickle juice is very hard to get up off the floor.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the pickle accident. Maybe the jar can be opened once and the pickles in a plastic container. I would be sad if I could not eat something I liked a lot. I do understand not wanting to the juice to get under the refrigerator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! So glad he wasn't seriously cut. But what a mess...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.