Monday, August 14, 2023

Happiness Challenge - Day 14

Today I ran into someone I hadn't seen a long time when I was in the grocery store. We talked a bit about the issues with the library - we have a few homophobic bigots who want books dealing with LBGTQ+ issues removed from the public library.

We also talked about retirement, moving on from what we used to do, and stuff like that.

As I was turning to go, the friend turned to me and said, "I hope you know you've always been an inspiration."

I was stunned. "No, I didn't know that. But thank you!"

It was so nice to be on the end of such a nice compliment. I don't think of myself as being an inspiration to anyone - and yet apparently I am.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad she let you know what you meant to her. No wonder this made you happy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.