Tuesday, July 11, 2023

When the Cloud Messes Up

One of the game stages I use is called GOG. It has older video games on it, the ones I played back in the 1990s and early 2000s, along with other things.

One of my favorite set of games, aside from Bethesda's Elder Scrolls, were by 3DO and were called the Might and Magic series.

GOG allegedly syncs my game play in its cloud with the games saved on my hard drive.

The last few days, I've been getting this message when it goes to sync:



I have no idea how to fix this and can't find a way to contact anyone at GOG to ask about it. So, I just hit ignore and go on.

But isn't it fascinating that my files are now 53 years off? I didn't even know what a computer was 53 years ago. Well, maybe I thought it was the robot on Lost in Space that said, "Danger! Danger!" but that would be about it.

I have also wondered if GOG has been hacked. Or if I have been hacked. Nothing else is amiss on my end, though. At least, not that I've noticed.

Suggestions welcome if anyone knows anything about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.