Saturday, January 21, 2023

Saturday 9: Kiss


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this week's song, Prince insists there's no particular sign he's more compatible with. Do you take astrology seriously?

A. I do not. I do know, however, that I am Gemini, with the moon in Sagittarius and Aries Rising (though I am not quite sure what that means). I read my horoscope in the paper, but I generally don't remember it by the time I've turned the page.

2) He tells his prospective lover there's no need to be flirty. Are you a good flirt?

A. No.

3) He refers to the nighttime soap opera Dynasty. Were you a fan?

A. No.

4) "Kiss" was recorded at Sunset Sound Recorders in Hollywood. Built by Walt Disney Studio, it's the studio where the soundtracks to Mary Poppins and 101 Dalmatians were recorded. When you think of Disney movies, what's the first song that comes to mind?

A. I actually have to think about this. Nothing is coming to mind. Some Elton John song from The Lion King? Can You Feel the Love Tonight? Is that it? (I'm not a big Disney fan.)

5) Prince said he was "obsessed" with Mozart and read everything he could find about the master. Do you often read biographies? If yes, who was the last one about?

A. I occasionally read biographies or autobiographies but not as often as I should. The last autobiography I read (or actually listened to) was Dolly Parton: Songteller, unless you want to count David Sedaris's books, then I have read most of his works in the last year. Since they are life essays, I suppose one could call them autobiographical. The last biography I read was TrueVine, by Beth Macy.

6. He loved snacking while watching a movie in the theater and would mix Goobers (chocolate-covered peanuts) with his popcorn. When you go to the movies, do you visit the concession counter?

A. I haven't been to the movies in years. But I have not visited the concession counter in a long time. I sneak in a bottle of water and make do with that.

7) In 1986, when this song was popular, Peewee's Playhouse premiered. While ostensibly for children, this show had many, many adult viewers. Do you ever watch kids' shows today?

A. Sometimes, but it has been a while. Like back in the 1990s, with exceptions for something like Frozen or a Toy Story movie if I should catch it on.

8) Also in 1986, Sears shoppers were painting their interior walls with "Country Clover," a pale beige with a hint of pink. What color is the room you're in right now?

A. It's off-white. All the rooms in my house are off white. Some places call it almond, some call it eggshell, but it's basically just off-white. A creamy whitish color.

9) Random question: Do you enjoy pressing the pedal to the metal and driving fast?

A. I used to, but that was when I was younger and more stupid. I drive more cautiously now.

 _______________

I encourage you to visit the posts of other participants in Saturday 9 and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.  

6 comments:

  1. I admit I loved your answer to #9. Not being a car person, I'm afraid I don't share the love affair with speed. Over the past two years I've written enough about cars to know drivers (and some car systems) do very well at consistent high speeds, but all I see is the danger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4 I’m also not a Disney movie fan, but they are now spread out so much it is hard to tell a Disney movie anymore.
    #6 I think that the last time I went to a movie theater was on a date a decade ago.
    #7 I think that the last time that I saw a Disney movie was Up during a Christmas with the grandnieces and grandnephews. But then again “Avatar” is a Disney movie so I might watch “Avatar 2”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Elton John. That is a great song you picked. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. #8--my walls are the same. Although every now and then I think of painting something else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m a Dusneyvdan and an Elton John fan, so I like the song you chose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your answers. I just recently watched Frozen II

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.