Friday, January 20, 2023

Day After Day

This is my cover of Day After Day, written by Peter Hamm and performed by Badfinger in 1971. I have a soft spot for those light rock/pop ballads.

Anyway, the drums are from the Boss RC-3 Loop Station. Everything else is me playing on my Dean Vendetta electric guitar (and singing of course).

First, I played a strumming rhythm and recorded it. Then I played and sang the song. That means you're watching me add the lead and a bit of a bass line in there at times while this video is playing, along with some single string picking at various points in the song.

I must have practiced this 30 times or more before I was somewhat satisfied. There was more I thought about doing with the guitar lead, but I don't trust myself to record over a first recording on the Looper Station and I was afraid I'd lose what I already had. That's something I need to play with so I am more comfortable making those kinds of additions.

Anyway, here you go.


1 comment:

  1. Love it, Anita! The husband and I were humming and singing with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.