Thursday, December 29, 2022

Thursday Thirteen

These questions come from Sunday Stealing, which I missed on Christmas Day because I didn't have any electricity.


1. What did you do last year that you had not done before?

A. I honestly can't think of anything. I played new songs on the guitar, watched new shows on TV, but I didn't do anything worth mentioning.

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions/goals for the year and will you make/set more for next year?  What are they? What are your new ones?

A. I didn't make any resolutions, except to read more books. I accomplished that, having read (or listened to) 70 books this year. I haven't made any resolutions for 2023, and doubt I do. Every day is a chance to start anew, after all.

3. What was the best book you read this year?  How many did you read?

A. Oops. Already said I've read 70 books. I think the best books I read were The Four Winds, by Kristin Hannah, The Giver of Stars, by JoJo Moyes, and The Book of Lost Names, by Kristin Hamel.

4. Did anyone you know die? Or have a serious illness/injury?

A. My husband's cousin died from complications from Covid. My father, stepmother, brother, his girlfriend, and my niece also had Covid. My husband had his hip replaced. My father had his knee replaced. Friends had Covid, too. Lots of people sick.

5. What places have you visited?

A. Food Lion, Kroger, and the chiropractor. Oh, a trip to Sam's Club.

6. Any new pets? Lost a pet?

A. We have 25 new cows and one old cow died.

7. What would you like to have next year that you lacked this year (doesn't have to be a physical thing i.e. love, job security, peace of mind...)? 

A. I would like to have better health, more patience, and lower blood pressure.

8. What date from last year will remain etched in your memory and why?

A. June 20. That is the date my husband had his hip replaced. It's also my mother's birthday.

9. What was your biggest achievement last year?

A. I got through it. That doesn't seem like much of an achievement, really, but it is.

10. Did you get sick or injured?

A. I have been healthier during the pandemic than at most other times in my life. I chalk that up to masking, staying home, and staying away from people.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

A. A new Kindle Fire tablet.

12. Where did most of your disposable income go (money leftover after you pay for food, medical care, basic clothing, transportation and shelter)?

A. Into the bank.

13. There isn't a 13th question, so I will just wrap this up like this: we didn't burn the house down on Wednesday when a light in the kitchen started smoking, and we don't know why one of the bathrooms now smells like a septic tank. The tenant in the rental property we own didn't heat the house during the bad freeze and the pipes burst, and I'm mighty upset about that. Things could be worse, but honestly, I need a vacation.


__________________
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while, and this is my 788th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Home is our castle. Music and books can be like minivacations. I got no resolutions and have one vacation coming up in April.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to your answer to #9. Health was crappy. But to #1, I started writing my poetic memoir so the good did offset the not-so-good... Happy new year to you. Cheers to a better year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made it through another year. And that's an accomplishment. May 2023 be all we want it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2022, done and did! I definitely take that as a huge accomplishment, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.