Saturday, November 12, 2022

Saturday 9: Walkin' After Midnight


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
1) The lyrics tell us Patsy Cline was out walking after midnight. Where were you at midnight last night?

A. In bed asleep.
 
2) She's sure she hears the night winds whispering to her. Is it windy, breezy, or still outdoors right now?

A. It's pouring rain as I write this, with a bit of a breeze, and the possibility of a tornado.

3) When she was 13, Patsy came down with a fever and throat infection so severe she ended up in the hospital. She believed the illness changed her vocal cords and enabled her to sing in a lower key. How are you doing this cold and flu season?

A. I've had an ear inflammation this week, but otherwise managing. I've had my flu shot, so fingers crossed.

4) Patsy is well remembered today not only for her voice but for her generous spirit. Loretta Lynn, Dottie West and Barbara Mandrell all considered Patsy a trusted personal friend and professional mentor. Have you ever been a mentor?

A. I have never been called that, but I think I have fulfilled that role a time or two. Maybe even now.
 
5) Patsy had a tough side, too. While traveling by bus and playing one-nighters, she found she and her band sometimes never got paid for their efforts. So she began demanding payment -- in cash -- before they would take the stage. She'd insist, "No dough, no show." Tell us about your tough side.

A. My tough side shows up when someone I love is being treated unfairly. I will take you down in a heartbeat if you mess with somebody I love. I'll leave you so verbally scorched you won't know what burned you.
 
6) Patsy became the first female country star to headline at a Las Vegas showroom. Who is your favorite country performer?

A. I am not a big country fan, but I liked Dolly Parton back in the day. I still like her now as a personality/influencer.
 
7) In 1957, the year this song hit #2 on the charts, embroidered cotton handkerchiefs were a popular present for the ladies on your gift list. Do you own any handkerchiefs?

A. My husband does. I don't. Or if I do, I don't know where they are.
 
8) 1957 was a banner year for Elvis. He released four hit records, two top box-office films, and his TV appearances topped the ratings. 65 years later, he is still recognized the world over by his first name alone. Can you think of another performer for whom one name is all that's required?

A. Beyonce, Adele, Pink, Prince.

9) Random question: What's the most embarrassing story your parents (or siblings) tell about you?

A. I honestly have no idea. I'm not somebody the family talks about much, at least, not in my presence.

_______________
I encourage you to visit the posts of other participants in Saturday 9 and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.  

6 comments:

  1. #5: I like you for that. It's an admirable quality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are several good sleepwalking stories from my childhood...

    ReplyDelete
  3. #6 I totally agree, Dolly Parton is a good role model.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch, I hope your ear is feeling better. My grandkids have had several ear infections since school started. The boy has strep throat now, too. If this latest round of antibiotics doesn't clear it up, they are will probably be getting tubes in their ears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Dolly! She is another that would fit in that first name only category. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that you didn't get any tornado last night or today. gah! I love Dolly a lot. I saw her play with Les Paul, I think... can't remember, but I saw her do that with "nine inch nails'. She's amazing.
    And, I must say, you are, in your ferocity, a great advocate! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.