Monday, November 21, 2022

Fly Me to the Moon

My name and my poem are both up in outer space, flying around the moon today.

We even went on the Dark Side of the Moon!

I first wrote about this back in August, but the launch was scrubbed and didn't happen until last week. It took the rocket 5 days to reach the moon and now it's circling our heavenly satellite, taking pictures as it goes.

It's been about 81 miles from the surface of the moon. Exciting stuff! Check out nasa.gov for more information if you're interested.

I've always been disappointed that we didn't pursue the space program more fully than we did, so I am glad to see forward movement. I know many people think this is a lot of money spent for nothing, but many inventions come from the work done to make this happen.

At least, you know, once upon a time, there was Tang. And ink pens that wrote upside down.

And that cellphone that never leaves your hand is a result of the space program, too.



1 comment:

  1. I am glad to see it moving forward too. I still remember the moon landing when I was a teen. Also remember the Challenger disaster. Progress comes with setbacks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.