Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Up, Up and Away!

My poem is going to the moon!

I received this notice in my email:

Synchronicity
Artemis Journal will fly to the moon with Artemis 1 spaceship

 
For over a year, Artemis Journal has been in conversation with NASA regarding sending our Artemis Journal to the moon and landed a virtual seat on the Spaceship taking off this week.

How perfect is this as we launch our 2022 Artemis Journal this week at the Taubman Museum.

Synchronicity is a concept first introduced by analytical psychologist Carl G. Jung "to describe circumstances that appear meaningfully related yet lack a causal connection."

So, apparently, the issue in which I have a poem is going to be on a flash drive (or something) on Artemis 1 when it finally makes it way around the moon!

And my poem will be going around the moon, too!

My blogger friend Colleen wrote about this and has pictures (apparently, she has the journal; I've not received it yet). 

Artemis 1 is an unmanned spaceship making a six-week flight around the moon and back. This is the first step in returning humans to the moon - and from the moon, we go to Mars.

The initial launch, scheduled for yesterday, was scrubbed, but the next date is September 2.

September 2 is also the date when Artemis (the publication) is officially releasing its journal to the public and to contributors.

Tickets are available here if you're interested. I have no plans to attend at the moment.

While I don't have the journal in hand, here's a snip of the page I was sent showing my poem and the painting that is accompanying it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.