Sunday, November 20, 2022

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing


1. What’s your favorite childhood memory?

A. I don't know that I have a favorite. I remember one time when I was 5 or 6, I was sitting on the porch with my grandmother. She had on shorts. I was tracing the varicose vein lines in her legs. Suddenly, I looked up at her and said, "Grandma, you're cracking up!" She burst out laughing and told everyone that I said that about her. I guess you had to be there.

2. Do you sing in the shower?

A. Of course. Great acoustics in the shower.

3. What is the best gift you’ve ever received?

A. My engagement ring, I suppose. But a close second would be a camera tripod that my brother gave me about 35 years ago. It's called a Slik Stick and I still use it. Best tripod ever.

4. Do you prefer being indoors or outdoors?

A. I love the outdoors, but I am allergic to everything out there. Inside I can better control the environment.

5. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?

A. My husband. I called to tell him the US Weather Service had issued a wind advisory for our area.

6. What do you keep in your bag or handbag?

A. The usual. Cellphone, wallet, asthma inhaler, store discount cards, medication, tissues, an ink pen.

7. Can you knit?

A. Yes, but I don't do it well.

8. How many hours do you sleep each night?

A. I go to bed at 10 and am usually awake by 6:30 or earlier, and I get up at least once in the night. Whatever that all adds up to.

9. Who is your role model?

A. I don't have one. There are people I admire, but few I wish to imitate.

10. Who was your first ever pen pal?

A. My grandfather who lived in California. After I married, I wrote to him frequently. He always wrote back. 

11. What has been your favorite job so far?

A. Being a news reporter for the local weekly paper.

12. What is your favorite go-to recipe for mid-week meals?

A. I don't have favorite recipes. I hate to cook.

13. How often do you eat in a restaurant?

A. We used to eat in a restaurant once or twice a week. Since March 2020, I have eaten in a restaurant 3 times. We get takeout about twice a month now.

14. Are you close to your family?

A. I am close to some members of my family.

15. Which phone app could you not live without?

A. I could live without all of them. I did before, so I could do it again.

16. If you could afford to volunteer full time for a charity, which would it be?

A. Something to do with literacy, I suppose.

17. Do you have any siblings?

A. I have a brother who is very good to me. He's been there for me during some difficult times, such as when my husband has been hurt or had surgery.

18. Who is your favorite YouTuber?

A. I like to watch Gabriella Quevedo play guitar on there.

19. Have you ever been a bridesmaid or a groomsman?

A. I honestly am not sure. I don't think so, but I have played other parts at weddings. Guest book signer person, photographer, and such.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

2 comments:

  1. Since you hate to cook, is your husband the cook? Or do you just cook anyway even though you hate to do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great acoustics in the shower - for sure - but that means neighbours can hear. Isn't it typical - loving the outdoors but being allergic to things out there? I suffer that problem every June.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.