Thursday, August 18, 2022

Thursday Thirteen

1. I almost broke my Thursday Thirteen streak! That would have been awful, to break it at 769 weeks straight.

2. So I am happy I remembered it was Thursday!

3. This morning, I had a teledoc conference with my physician. She assured me I'm not dying simply because my blood pressure has gone wonky. She changed up my blood pressure meds and I'll see her in two weeks for a follow up. Whew!

4. My husband suggested I meditate. His mantra? Ummm soybean. 

5. I started feeling a little strange driving to the grocery store a while ago when I remembered it was Thursday and I hadn't done a Thursday 13, so I started going, Ummm soybean. It made me laugh.

6. Duke's mayo was on sale for $2.99. That's a pre-pandemic regular price!

7. I was the only person in the store with a mask on. My county is listed as High on the CDC site. I know the guv'ment ain't the best, but it's all I have to go by, that and the number of people I know who have Covid (which is a fair number), so I am masking up. I am happy that I am taking care of myself.

8. Oh rats, it's raining, and we have hay down on the ground, trying to dry. I will have a hard time being happy about that. Umm soybean!

9. One thing I immediately did to try to keep my calm was to stop looking at the crazy on social media. There is a *lot* of crazy there. I'm happy I have made that decision.

10. In looking over the groceries I purchased and the items in the cabinets already, I find that generally speaking, most things are low in sodium. I'm doing ok there. Yay me!

11. I broke down and bought myself some Tic-Tacs. I like Tic-Tacs but hadn't had any for a while because they've gone up to $1.49 for a little box. But they have no sodium and they satisfy my need to have something in my mouth. I'm worth $1.49, right? Dang right!

12. My brother called me today, and I was glad to hear from him. It would have been nice to have had a conversation, but he had another call and that was that. I can't remember the last time I had a conversation with him that wasn't interrupted by something. Maybe we should go to lunch in the park and leave our cellphones in the car.

13. My friend called me early this morning to see how I was feeling. I'm happy that folks care about me. I'm fortunate to have friends.

*Doing the August happiness thing with my Thursday 13!*



___________________
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while, and this is my 769th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

6 comments:

  1. See how easy that was! Umm, soybean was a good jumping off place. It can be challenging week after week to do 13 but it's a good practice for me to make something out of nothing. Here is the Meyers Briggs test I just used, considered very accurate in the results. https://openpsychometrics.org/tests/OEJTS/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the only other person I know who buys Dukes, best stuff ever

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is your hand? Did the doctor say anything about that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breaking your streak of T13 would have been awful! I'm glad you remembered! And you're definitely worth the tic tacs a million times over! My BP has been wonky lately, too! Ummmm soybean. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still wear a mask, and I'm sometimes the only one. Although when we go to Blue Springs (a larger town next to Kansas City with a larger Walmart), there are usually two or three others. I don't think I've ever seen Duke's Mayo in my area. I unfollowed all the crazies on Facebook after you-know-who came into play, and even unfriended a few that were sending me their propaganda in Messenger. That, plus a pill for depression, brought me out of my funk. I'm prepared for the next time... and I'm hoping I'm wrong about who will win the election.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang right, you’re worth $1.49, Anita! Sorry to hear your blood pressure has been wonky, and I’m very glad you’re feeling better. Staying off social media helps me. These days I go on Facebook mostly to learn about garage sales and see if anyone wants to pawn their junk for free. When I feel somewhat placid I check out the local political pages to stay up to date with the craziness.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.